[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do christians brag how we neopagans aren't followers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: original christianity.jpg (43KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
original christianity.jpg
43KB, 266x400px
Why do christians brag how we neopagans aren't followers of our religion because we don't follow it the same way as our ancestors("hurr you're just a larper cuz you don't have human sacrifices") when today's christians don't follow original christianity( gnosticism) and have forgotten original christian philosophy and gospels in favor of a corrupted form conjured up by Romans?
>>
Organised religion was a mistake. Unincorporated animist monotheist spiritualism is unironically superior.
>>
I don't really care about your tree worship. All I can do is call on my personal experience with people who claim to be pagan. They were all awful, and more often than not they didn't even seem to believe it. They just practiced it to "rebel" against the status quo.
>>
Christianity was never the same as Gnosticism per say. They existed side by side with the two influencing one another and the dividing lines being ill-defined and blurry but after a certain point the church fathers which generally were anti-Gnosticism defined Christianity as we know it today.
>>
>>2909286
There are plenty of christians who do not believe in biblical teachings and are just crusader larpers.
>>
>>2909286
I don't worship trees, I worship my people's gods and spirits.
>>
>>2909260
Most indoeuropean religions have this theme. I'm a slavic neopagan and worship the god Perun as the single deity of the universe and the spirits in our nature are just manifestations of him.

The Indian vedas have a similar view of Vishnu.
>>
File: 1443906383373.png (322KB, 1861x401px) Image search: [Google]
1443906383373.png
322KB, 1861x401px
>>2909286
>>
>>2909313
But most don't. Like I said I know it's anecdotal evidence but every pagan I ever met was a massive faggot. They don't even seem to adhere to their religion at all. I knew a kid in highschool who claimed to worship old Norse gods and that he would go to Valhalla. He got bullied everyday, so much for being a warrior.
>>
>>2909316
Which gods? How can you see that their the gods of your people when your people by and large don't even recognize them, and haven't for centuries? Not trying to be a dick genuinely curious.
>>
>>2909242
because gnostics and apocryphas used we wuzery as well.
Most of the latter we can date being written entire CENTURIES later, not the decades after the death of Jesus.
>>
>>2909260
This 100%
>>
>>2909369
I worship the trinity of Perun/Veles/Svarog and believe in household, ancestral, and natural spirits with whom we have to live in harmony with.

>when your people by and large don't even recognize them.

They don't recognize them because they were forced to forget them under the threat of violence. But if you stop worshipping something, that doesn't stop making it true. Besides we slavs never stopped denying and trying to live in harmony with natural spirits in the form of folklore and spirits disguised as saints. I firmly beleive that the lives of slavs have become worse under the abrahamic religion. our society turned to the worse(feudalism, oligarchy and serfdom instead of an elective chiefdom, being the slaves of germans, turks and romans) since we grew farther away from our ancestral gods that controlled our society in a good form for the time.
>>
>implying gnosticism was "original christianity"
>implying protestantism didn't purge the faith of its hellenic pagan influence
>implying neopagan isn't an identity formed in relation to Christianity
>>
>>2909426
Neopagan is formed in relation to my ancestors' gods.
>>
>>2909260
so much this
>>
File: 1496552069887.jpg (486KB, 620x696px) Image search: [Google]
1496552069887.jpg
486KB, 620x696px
>>2909426
Fuck off
>>
>>2909466
It is not though. You have no way of know what gods your ancestors worshiped, and you have no means of reconstructing original practice. Pagan itself as an identity is formed as "not-Christian". Neopaganism as a movement was constructed through relation to Christianity.
>>
>>2909489
Origen is recognized as a church father. What do you mean by this image?
>>
>>2909509
Proddies are fucking mouth breathing young earth believing retards.
>>
>>2909536
There are retards in every community. I could find you plenty of retarded atheists, Catholics, pagans, ect. Cherry-picking a few dumb assholes isn't going to sway my opinion.
>>
>>2909501
Except we know. We slavs worshipped Perun, Svarog, Veles, some slavic tribes also worshipped them as a trinity. We gave sacrifices to natural spirits such as vilas and leshiys too.
The main things we don't know are the religious prayers and many rituals which we could develop ourselves(like abrahamic religions, pagan religions changed over time).

>Neopaganism as a movement was constructed through relation to Christianity.

Because christianity violently stamped out our beliefs?

We are an identity aimed at being closer to our roots and possible indoeuropean unification.
>>
>>2909242
>we neopagans
Shut up, larper
>>
>>2909336
As the guy said, his health and sense of well being shot way up. Don't call people massive faggots for finding what works for them
>>
>>2909569
Just because I chose to believe in my people's gods and spirits instead of goatfucker ravings does not make me a larper. I wear normal clothes, I live in a city, I only go to some ceremonies.
>>
>>2909555
>We slavs worshipped
That means nothing. Why should you feel an affiliation with a group of people throughout time, who didn't share the same spacial location, blood (as genetics have changed over time), language, history, or culture as you did? In fact, those people who you imagine as slavs would not have identified them as such. It is only through modern historical developments that slavic cultural identity was formed. You are not related in any significant way, and have no way of telling if your ancestors followed the beliefs at all.
>We are an identity aimed at being closer to our roots
Your idea of roots are a modern development stemming from nationalist movements, aimed at unifying a people towards service to the administrative state.
>Because christianity violently stamped out our beliefs?
Christianity was largely adopted because it offered greater technologies, both spiritually and materially, than animistic religions. Animistic worship still has a presence in Christianity as it is practiced because it underwent an indigenization process in those areas.
>>
>>2909336
Daily reminder "hippy" is only a lifestyle and that right-wing reactionarism is very Luddite, communal and localistic in nature.

As for his equating Roman domination of his land with Jews I can only say he's a typical nordcuck.
>>
>>2909611
No, our genetics, folklore, and language stem directly from original slavic culture and religion. In my area almost only slavs have been living there since the 600s. Even if we have some steppe or roman DNA, we're still majority Slavic.

>Your idea of roots are a modern development stemming from nationalist movements, aimed at unifying a people towards service to the administrative state.

Its a modern development aimed at returning our original religion. Nothing wrong if its modern. The administrative state finally brought success for my people who suffered historically under christian feudalism and monarchism. Under feudalism. all slavic countries except Russia were subjugated and gradually assimilated until we rebelled and gained independence and our own nationality and folklore gained more importance than christianity or Islam.

>Christianity was largely adopted because it offered greater technologies, both spiritually and materially, than animistic religions.

No it didn't. it offered less egalitarian and more brutal serfdom and feudalism together with subservience to romans or greeks.

>Animistic worship still has a presence in Christianity as it is practiced because it underwent an indigenization process in those areas.

You're admitting that our religious roots still exist. We want to remove jewish stuff and purify it to our original culture, morality and pantheon. We have largely succeeded and slavic paganism is developing as a modern religion.
>>
>>2909725
>No, our genetics, folklore, and language stem directly from original slavic culture and religion.
The people who lived in that area would not have identified as slavs. Even among themselves, they had a varied system of culture, language, practice, and belief. Lumping their civilization together, assuming they were homogeneous over so long a time and such a distance of space, and calling them slavic is an artificial label created to convince modern citizens that they are the culmination of history, and that the modern state is the protector of their unique history, and so people will continue letting them collect taxes and enlist soldiers.
>In my area almost only slavs have been living there since the 600s
That is an imagination. Do you seriously think people were the exact same for thousands of years? Do you follow the exact lifestyle and thoughts as your father, and your grandfather? How about the guy down the street? No. Now extend that to generations of different individuals, following different creeds and different lords for thousands of years. They did not feel any affiliation to one another as "Slavs".
>No it didn't.
Yes it did, or otherwise it wouldn't have been adopted so readily. It had a comprehensive theology and spiritual support network that brought meaning, and alleviation of both present and existential anxieties, more effectively than ill-defined animistic religions did.
>You're admitting that our religious roots still exist
Please stop speak as though you were more than one person. I am saying that the religion as it is practiced was altered as it traveled. That doesn't make it not the religion. It is called indigenization of religion, and is actually a sign of success in conversion.
>We want to remove jewish stuff and purify it to our original culture, morality and pantheon
Who is we? Your idea of originality is a set of practices that are quite modern. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invented_tradition
>>
>>2909313
i.e. all of /his/ and /pol/
>>
Ok you're a neopagan who worships the gods of your ancestors.
What rituals did those gods give to your ancestors to carry out?
What kind of lifestyle do your gods want you to live?
Though you might not think that these things are important, that's only because you're coming from the Christian tradition which doesn't view rituals as being as important as they are in other religions.
For a lot of these religions, intent doesn't matter nearly as much as practice. Though you might have the intention of worship, the gods may in fact be offended and enraged by what you are doing.
>>
>>2909260
Amen brother
>>
>>2909242
Imagine being a neo pagan. just imagine the life you'd have to live to get to that point.
>>
Neo pagans are larpers because their religion has been dead for thousands of years and their gods did nothing to restart the religion.
>b-bu
Christianity might one day go the same way, but at least they arent to the stage of delusion neo pagans are at, yet.
>>
>>2910494
> Christian tradition which doesn't view rituals as being as important as they are in other religions.

Christianity views rituals as extremely imprtant, islam and judaism even more so.
>>
File: low quality b8.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality b8.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
>>2909242
>>
>>2909795
>The people who lived in that area would not have identified as slavs. Even among themselves, they had a varied system of culture, language, practice, and belief. Lumping their civilization together,

Our language was slavic, our communities were, our folklore is slavic, and we are majority genetically slavic. Therefore, we were and are slavic.

>It had a comprehensive theology and spiritual support network that brought meaning, and alleviation of both present and existential anxieties

Medival christianity was nothing more than a Roman subjugation system. That "comprehensive"theology is poorly prevserved, contradictory, ridiculous and goes against the spirit of our people. Sorry but I feel completely unfilfilled by the claim that there's an omnipotent and infinitely kind god yet he allows daily brutality in our lives that is continuing. If he was kind why would his subordinate historically sanction genocide, assimilation, and enslavement of our people?

The Slavic gods and spirits make more sense to the reality of world events since they aren't perfect, they aren't omnipotent, and since Slavs don't worship them they brought hundreds of years of misfortune upon our people.

>Please stop speak as though you were more than one person.

There are more than a million of slavic pagans and we are rising into prominence more. So yes, its more than me and we are one of the most devout and active pagan religions.

>Your idea of originality is a set of practices that are quite modern.

the way we practice our religion isn't original to the one that was practiced a millenium ago, but that isn't a bad thing, religion must change and adapt to its time (contrary to what abrahamic scripture commands).
>>
Intellect and reason take people to atheism because gnosticism is not more widely known, if it were, it would lead there.
>>
>>2911257

which version of gnosticism, it isn't like one unified thing.
>>
>>2911266

YHWH is evil, the serpent is good, concepts like these which come from rationally examining the bible.
>>
>>2909242
Pagan religion, in much of the Roman Empire and Greece at least, was about societal orthopraxy instead of orthodoxy. The practice and ceremony was the key component, changing that is basically coming up with something new entirely. No real connection to the tradition you're trying to bring back except for a few aesthetic similarities that is more based on pop history and fiction than in reality.

Christians today are at least loyal to the creeds that have been in place for centuries and centuries
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.