[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> tfw no kino about Muslim invasions of Syria and Egypt set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

> tfw no kino about Muslim invasions of Syria and Egypt set from point of view of religious devout Byzantine soldier.

Why are popular culture depictions of the initial Muslims invasions so scarce?
>>
>>2906325
Because no one gives a shit thus there is no demand for it?
>>
It is taboo to paint tolerant and peaceful muslims as agressive conquerors
>>
Same reason the media tries to pretend the Crusades we an unjustified holy war. Makes Muslims look bad.
>>
>>2906325
there are tv shows and movies from the arab world about all this stuff

like a ton of them
>>
>>2906370
muslim world*

not necessarily arab, my bad
>>
>>2906370
Because it's relevant there, i'm sure OP is not from any of those places tho. Only a handful of middle-eastern media makes it to the west, and something tells me even less makes it to the US.
>>
>>2906325
>>2906338
There are, like I think the show Omar deals with it. They just tend to be in Arabic and from the POV of the Muslims
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTma7InLOGQ
>>
>>2906408
it's up online, places like youtube and other random sites. there's one series that's actually pretty damn good about early arab conquests and conflicts among the sahaba but i can't remember the name

wait nvm here it is
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_(TV_series)

quick google search and you should be able to find it with subs
>>
>>2906413
>>2906411
sheeeit, nice beat me to it
>>
>>2906411
Shit that's high quality for an Arab production, stuff I see from there are usually Mexican telenovela-tier.
>>
also theres a Turkish series up on netflix called "Dirilis Ertugrul" or "Resurection: Ertugrul" . Watched it with subtitles for the fuck of it but ended up liking it:

Different era, but deals with the forefathers of the Ottomans and unlike other productions manage to depict the Byzantines as nuanced rather than Evil Infidels
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.