[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream for LARPers. Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: the-holy-bible.jpg (46KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
the-holy-bible.jpg
46KB, 567x567px
This is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream for LARPers. Literally the most depressing book ever conceived. Even Harlan Ellison's novel ends with just one person condemned to eternal torment instead of countless billions and therefore is more uplifting.
>>
>>2905113
*pinches trilby*
>>
>>2905121
It's true though. Christianity is a religion for masochists.
>>
>>2905113
I wanna fuck jephthah's daughter. whenever i think about her father burning her as a sacrifice i imagine ann frank's body burning in the crematorium and get hard.
>>
Christians enter every conversation with
a)what I believe is infallible and I am 100% sure of it
b)I will not compromise at all, Christianity is true and the other 3000 are lies, including every single denomination and sect of christianity that isn't the one I practice or was born into
c)everyone who doesn't believe my special snowflake brand of one religion amongst 3000 is going to burn eternally in hell

this adds up the last person you'd ever want to have a conversation with
>>
>>2905345
More like a religion for vicarious sadists. If people want to imagine themselves worthy of hell that's fine, I might even join them. The problem is they integrate this book through such a solipsistic lens that they are quite at ease imagining the ceaseless torture of practically all of humanity because they think they are the foam God is going to scrape off the cup of his indignation. More odiously most of them subscribe to OSAS doctrine and think they can go about a stadard middle class life with magic Jesus armor while the truly poor and downtrodden will be thrown into hell for lacking specific revelation.
>>
>>2905377

I'm working towards the ministry and I disagree with everything you said. My faith is infallible and that's it. Doctrine and theology is up for discussion. No human can discern who is damned to hell and who is not, only God can do that. Therefore anyone who claims to know who is damned is a liar.
>>
>>2905485
>I'm working towards the ministry and I disagree with everything you said. My faith is infallible and that's it. Doctrine and theology is up for discussion.
you literally just admitted to part of what he found frustrating
>>
The idea of eternal torment in hell isn't even in the bible, at most there's references to a "lake of fire" which get retrofitted into later doctrine. The book's perfectly consistent with the idea that the saved get resurrected and everyone else just dies.

That said, God's a cunt who kills countless people for no good reason, so it's still depressing, just not for that reason.
>>
>>2905485
>My faith is infallible
What does that even mean?
>>
>>2905512

It means that I've come to a certain point in my life where I think I'd lay down my life for my faith if I ever had to. Non-violently of course, I'm talking about something like Jan Hus getting burnt at the stake by the Catholic church.
>>
>>2905507
>the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever
>their worm dieth not

Book of Enoch has more stuff.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.