[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Elamites, /his/ I've never heard much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Pre-Achaemenid_Era.gif (168KB, 1359x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Pre-Achaemenid_Era.gif
168KB, 1359x1035px
Redpill me on the Elamites, /his/
I've never heard much about them, were they Semites? Iranians?
>>
>>2904648
we don't know. They weren't Iranians in that they migrated there later. Probably they were more similar to Mesopotamians but had an isolate language . There are even theories that they were Dravidian , albeit unfounded
>>
File: image.png (65KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65KB, 350x338px
the Elamite pill was the hardest to swallow. I'll spare you guys the suffering, angst, and despair. My advice: don't look into it. You'll deeply regret it.
>>
>>2905265
but i want an elamite qt
>>
>>2904648
Why is Bactra so far away?
>>
Good news: excavations and other projects in Haft-Tappeh, a major elamite site, are expected to increase after the discovery of a mass grave:
https://www.uni-mainz.de/presse/19776_ENG_HTML.php

A team of archaeologists from Mainz University headed by Dr. Behzad Mofidi-Nasrabadi recently discovered that the city’s population fell victim to a massacre at the end of the settlement phase. They found a mass grave containing the skeletal remains of several hundred people in a street between the dwellings of the final building layer. The dead had simply been haphazardly piled one on top of another behind a wall.

The German Research Foundation (DFG) has recently approved the continued financing of the project. Thus it will now be possible to continue the excavations in order to reveal the particular circumstances of this human tragedy and its historical background. Mainz University had provided start-up funding for the excavation campaign in early 2015.

Although the bodies aren't well preserved, with this many specimens it should be easy to find some extractable DNA and trace their ancestry.
>>
>>2905265
all you've done is make me curious
>>
>>2904648
They were the result of a caucasoid farmer migration to the east. They are kin to the dravidians.
>>
>>2905446
They'll turn out to be local Near Easterners of some kind related to the major three populations found in the region.

But it will tell us little about their specific linguistic and ancestral ties unless every other region from Anatolia to the Indus Valley from the Neolithic to the Late Bronze Age gets very well sampled, far beyond what we've seen so far.
>>
They were to the Persians what the Sumerians were to Akkad. There are even theories that Cyrus and Cambyses were native Elamites
>>
>>2904648

I read somewhere that they are a pre indo european people, connected to the dravidian tamils of india.
>>
>>2905265
You think I'll listen to a frogposter?
>>
File: 1492279223789.gif (403KB, 160x224px) Image search: [Google]
1492279223789.gif
403KB, 160x224px
>>2904648
>Redpill me
Go fly off of a six story building.
>>
>>2905469
>caucasoid
>dravidian
pick one , they aren't remotely related
>>
>>2905446
Well we know they were ASSYRIAN'D so that can explain the massacre
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.