[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hitler wants to attack Poland >let's guarantee Poland,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Flag-Pins-Great-Britain-France.jpg (73KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Great-Britain-France.jpg
73KB, 400x320px
>Hitler wants to attack Poland
>let's guarantee Poland, thus making Poles reluctant to the German demands and declare war on Hitler if he decides to attack
>Hitler attacks Poland, let's declare war on him thus guaranteeing a major European War that we worked so hard to avert
>let's do absolutely nothing to save Poland and let it get raped by Germans and Soviets while we sit behind Maginot Line and drop propaganda leaflets to the germans with our bombers
>>
File: Saar.png (171KB, 315x706px) Image search: [Google]
Saar.png
171KB, 315x706px
Really makes you think
>>
>>2902734
>Let's walk 20 kilometers into the undermanned Rhineland and then give up and turn around
What the fuck was Frances problem?
>>
>>2902737
>2000 killed, wounded or sick
embarassing
>>
>>2902738
One, France wasn't mobilizing as quickly as Germany, and while they had the advantage at the outset of the Saar offensive, even during the week it lasted, Germany had called up another dozen divisions, and would continue to do so.

Two, while the Sigfried line wasn't as impressive as the Maginot line, it wasn't bad either, and the French shied away from attacking those kinds of forts head on, which would be the next step if they wanted to continue the offensive.

Third, and probably most importantly, the combined economies of the UK and France were enormously larger than that of Germany. A long war favored the Allies, not the Germans, and Germany's advantage of greater early mobilization and higher military spending from 36-39 was a temporary one. Nobody foresaw the dramatic victory Germany had in the late spring of 40, and France and Britain thought the best step was to wait and let their own war economies swing into full gear before attacking.
>>
I never understand why France didn't keep Germany de-militarized after WW1.

Was it really so hard?
>I have guns, you don't have them. If you try to get them I will shoot you. I am in control.
How can you fuck it up?
>>
>>2902971
Soft power projection. Weimar Germany spent a lot of time and trouble borrowing money from the U.S. to pay off reparations debts. In effect, this transferred the debt from Britain and France to the U.S. As long as Germany owed a ton of debt to the Americans, they had an interest in seeing that Germany was a viable state that could pay it off, and offered protection against the French. By the time this system collapsed in mid-35, it was a bit too late.
>>
>>2902971
>be american
>say you will do it
>don't
>>
>>2902971
Because the French got so fucked by WW1 no one in government had the balls to even suggest another war
>>
>>2903285
I'd hardly call it a war if Germany didn't have any weapons
>>
>>2903312
They were allowed weapons, just not modern capital ships, tanks, armoured cars, and an airforce. And when you have hundreds of semi-legal Freikorps units comprised of WW1 veterans used to urban warfare suddenly the war becomes a little harder for Frances public to swallow
>>
>>2902743
False numbers
>>
>>2903330
i'd like to see how those Freikorps units would do against French tanks.
>>
File: Mauser_Tank-Gewehr_M1918.jpg (32KB, 1200x562px) Image search: [Google]
Mauser_Tank-Gewehr_M1918.jpg
32KB, 1200x562px
>>2903347
Probably quite well considering until the Char and Somua French tanks were FT-17s, which a T-gewehr could go through
>>
>>2903347
>Using tanks to assault a series of fortifications and dense urban concentrations.
Yeah, that'll work out great.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.