[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come the Soviet Union lasted for most of the 20th century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: m.png (2MB, 888x2622px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
2MB, 888x2622px
How come the Soviet Union lasted for most of the 20th century? Is this one instance of communism working?
>>
But it wasn't real communism :^)
>>
>>2902119
It unironically wasn't. The Means of Production were in the hands of the state, not the workers themselves.
>>
>>2902101
In the early days they achieved meteoric growth and progress in every area simply by not being as retarded as the Tsar. Post-WW2 they were able to barely drag themselves along through a combination of natural resources and foreign loans. By the 1980s they literally couldn't pay their debt or grow enough food to feed themselves.
>>
>>2902134
So communism is a pipe dream dangled in front of poor people so some sadists can gain power and 'unexpectedly' become dictators? No shit.
>>
>>2902101
>WW2
>>
File: tankies.png (157KB, 720x616px) Image search: [Google]
tankies.png
157KB, 720x616px
The essence of communism is that all societies are moving to a classes state without conflict. This is based on the dialectics of Hegel, and makes no sense when applied to Marixism--- this is why there has never been a "true communism", there can NEVER be a "true communism".

>Hegel: individuals have spiritual conflicts. They externalize their own goodness into things outside of themselves and so become alienated. Eventually the historical dialectic of geist (cultural/historical "mind") will result in a society of rational freedom where people have no inner conflicts, and reinternalize those aspects of themselves which they had ascribed to some external force like God. I have done these things already, since I'm a pantheist.

>Marx: Hegel says dialectic leads to a mode of being without conflict? Well classes compete, do they not, all societies must then be moving to a state without class conflict. Thus a classless society without conflict is inevitable, and we can obliterate whoever and whatever we want to fulfill that inevitability.

>Hegel: wtf that's not what I meant at all.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.