[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the entirety of politics merely be reduced to individuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: CIYvAwHWIAAqLZH.png (248KB, 418x457px) Image search: [Google]
CIYvAwHWIAAqLZH.png
248KB, 418x457px
Can the entirety of politics merely be reduced to individuals competing for positions in which they are more and more above the law and immune to being arrested?
>>
>>2901080
>in which they are more and more above the law and immune to being arrested?

Close, but not exactly.

I have theorized for a while now that politics are nothing more than a way for individuals to secure a future for themselves. We are all trying to forge our own path in this world and sometimes you just have to take the deck of cards you were dealt. This is why you see politicians advocating for seemingly lunatic policies or not taking a stance at all on things that they otherwise feel strongly about. It's a game - and if at the end of the day you want to provide for yourself and your family - you need to play it correctly.
>>
>>2901080

No? The average person doesn't have a high chance of being arrested anyway unless they are blatantly breaking the law, and running for any kind of office just attracts a lot of intense scrutiny which any actual criminal would sorely want to avoid.
>>
I'd say being a modern politician in the west puts you under more scrutiny than if you chose not to be one. It'd be harder, not easier, to get away with crimes when you're closely watched by people eager to see you fuck up.
>>
File: 1491359041711.jpg (394KB, 634x875px) Image search: [Google]
1491359041711.jpg
394KB, 634x875px
>>2901087
So you're saying Donald Trump can get arrested for a DUI just like you and me right now?
>>
>>2901080
No. People have all types of aspirations. Whether it be job security, money, fame, power, justice, or ideals.
>>
>>2901099

No, because Donald Trump doesn't drive cars. He has people who do that for him.
>>
>>2901099

Article 361. Protection of President

(1) The President, shall not be answerable to any court for the exercise and performance of the powers and duties of his office or for any act done or purporting to be done by him in the exercise and performance of those powers and duties: Provided that the conduct of the President may be brought under review by any court, tribunal or body appointed or designated by either House of Parliament for the investigation of a charge under Article 61.

(2) No criminal proceedings whatsoever shall be instituted or continued against the President, in any court during his term of office

(3) No process for the arrest or imprisonment of the President, shall issue from any court during his term of office

(4) Any civil proceedings in which relief is claimed against the President, shall be instituted during his term of office in any court in respect of any act done or purporting to be done by him in his personal capacity, whether before or after he entered upon his office as President, until the expiration of two months next after notice in writing has been delivered to the President, as the case may be, or left at his office stating the nature of the proceedings, the cause of action therefor, the name, description and place of residence of the party by whom such proceedings are to be instituted and the relief which he claims.

So unless you have it on tape with 4k picture and 10 witnesses in the car at the time it would not be wise to charge the president with a DUI charge, plus he's not allowed to operate a motor vehicle anyway.
>>
>>2901099

I'm sorry, are you implying that his entire motivation for running for President was so he could skim the corners of relatively minor laws? Cause that honestly sounds like something he'd do, but that's not a typical motivation to run for president.
>>
>>2901225
Not just his motivation. ANY politician's. The higher up they are the more laws they can skirt.
>>
replace "law" with "people"

law is a social construct
>>
>>2901080
Literally no
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.