[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that gender segregation doesn't exist in China?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: ch-lgflag.gif (12KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
ch-lgflag.gif
12KB, 400x268px
Why is it that gender segregation doesn't exist in China? In the US and other Western countries, there is a fairly common sentiment that women are generally not as competent as men and this is reflected in wages, job titles, etc....

But in China, this doesn't really exist. Women are constantly taking on executive positions or other leadership roles which would typically be reserved for men in Western countries.

On a side note, does anyone know why the fuck so many CEOs of American defense companies are women?
>>
>>2898677
Are we talking about modern China or ancient China. And are we talking about presents or upper classes.
>>
>>2898677
It's because of the enlightened influence of the glorious Mongols. If only Europe was conquered by the Mongols. They would have set up fair institutions and there would have never been a feminist movement.
>>
>>2898730
t. John Green
>>
Communism

/thread
>>
I'll never forget that video with that Chinese female "hostage negotiator" trying to talk down a suspect, then out of nowhere, she lights him up.
>>
>>2898824
STOP SAYING THAT IN EVERY THREAD WHO IS THAT
>>
>>2898677
kinda one of the points of communism
>>
>>2898842
/r/ing this one
>>
the gender wage gap is such a fucking meme, holy shit
>>
File: file.png (189KB, 1841x1049px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189KB, 1841x1049px
>>2898677
No one voices that sentiment out loud.
>>
>>2899020
SPAIN!? Seriously!? Every time I've gone there with a lady around she gets mildly molested. My mum, my sister, my ex... Every, fucking, time. It's also an endless parade of catcalls. Got in three separate fist fights over there due to that shit. (Though not when it was my mum, cuz I was like 8.)

I suspect the Spanish translation of this question did not go well.
>>
>>2898677
In Confucian cultures, women are generally discounted as having any leadership qualities besides motherhood. Only a man can rule. Women rulers are regarded scheming and corrupt.
>>
>>2899166
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Zetian
>>
>>2898884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wUtBmL2a8k
>>
>>2899129

Maybe you were the problem bro.
>>
>>2899020
>Sweden
>21%
what
>>
>>2898830
Actually under Maoism women were told they were no more than grass to be stepped on.
>>
>>2899172
She fucked up. Her whole family got exterminated as the result of her scheming.
>>
>>2898677
wow back to /leftypol/ gommie
>>
>>2899020
i wonder why no muslim country was asked
>>
>>2899129

>this dumbass gets into police trouble while he's abroad, risking deportation, complete travel ban, and court trials
Fucking idiot
>>
>>2898677
China is pretty sexist though, I highly doubt women are involved in leadership roles in any large amount.
>>
>>2899243
That's the Chinese monarchy system. You fuck up, you're screwed. She did more good than bad.
>>
>>2899259
He wrote mom as "mum", so he is probably British, a people not known for their intelligence
>>
>>2899223
what?
>>
>>2898677

Chinese people have lower estrogen, and they're all around physiologically more neotenous than westerners.

That's why Asian women are able to function more like men (doing STEM), and Asian men are able to function more like women (paying attention, not getting distracted while studying)

You'll actually see this trend in brachycephalic countries in general. Persists in Finland too.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_China
Kys my man
>>
>>2899356
Shut the fuck up, /x/
>>
women can still be integrated and second class citizens.
>>
>>2898677
Chinks abort their girls meaning the elite of female DNA actually lives on.
>>
>>2898677
There are no retarded sjws that constantly bitching about non-existent issues.
>>
>>2899020
I don't believe the Mexican results for a second.
>>
>>2899243
>She fucked up.
She was the only woman who became Chinese Emperor and the Tang didn't crash due to her shenanigans.
>>
>>2898858
John Green obviously
>>
>>2899328
>bonjour! C'est moi, le petit grenouille
>>
>>2899270
I think it's better than other Asian countries. I once interned for a small company in Shanghai and my boss was a Japanese women. She told me one reason she decided to work in China rather than Japan or South Korea is because she's a women.
>>
>>2899252
You mean Turkey?
>>
>>2899020
>China is about as feminist as Germany
well.
>>
>>2898677
What the fuck are you talking about? What is reflected in wages is that women CHOOSE to work less and to work with jobs where you don't earn as much.
>>
>>2899252
You mean Sweden?
>>
>>2899223
Citation needed

Also Mao said that Women hold up half of the sky so Maoism was pro-women when compared to Confucianism.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mao+quotes&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS742US742&oq=Mao+quo&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.3868j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>2900256
This is correct. Although radical ideologies have been surfacing recently.
>>
>>2898677
this >>2899020
I don't know where you're getting your facts from. China is pretty backwards despite communist propaganda that they supposedly created a perfectly equal society while the west relentlessly pushes for women's rights.

IIRC China used to routinely kill female babies and it may still be going on.
>>
>>2898677
Wasn't there a lot of controversy about China's younger population being disproportionately male due to the one-child policy, with families wanting to make sure their one child was male (often by aborting female fetuses and in some cases killing female newborns)?
>>
>>2900934
>>2900927
Yes but some newer sources say that that resulted in a bunch of undocumented girl births, and that the imbalance is not as extreme, so who knows?
>>
Because their women go and get shit done instead of complaining about there aren't enough women getting shit done instead of getting shit done.
>>
>>2899252
You mean Germany?
>>
China has an enormous problem with misogyny. The one child policy lead to the infanticide of many baby girls because parents still preferred to have males. This has lead to a massive demographic imbalance and there are a lot of single Chinese men well into their 30s by now.

Also prevailing Chinese culture still sees women as the lesser sex and in divorced courts women are left with nothing despite in most cases the women owning the property.

There's also government mandated programs which force women who move to the city to take up "female" jobs like cleaning, maid work or dress making.

Also this isn't history or humanities.
>>
>>2898730
kys
>>
>>2899020
SWEDEN
NO
>>
>>2901452
as opposed to in the west where women are put into combat roles and given disproportionate amounts of property in divorce proceedings?

aside from the one child policy sounds like the chinks are in the right on this one.
>>
>>2900927
>westerner who hasn't left his country for the last 40 years.

The gender imbalance in China has given women fucking ridiculous power in marriage agreement. Feminists would probably consider it paradise.
>>
>>2899223
Not true at all. Mao was retarded but his movement was pretty pro-female emancipation.
>>
>>2900934
That was way back in the 60-70's in bumfuck rural China. In modern China if you're a decent woman with above average looks and a good family, you can expect to easily find a husband who is well off with at least $100,000 USD worth of property. $100k in USD goes a longgg way in China.
>>
File: absolutely_peaceful.jpg (138KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_peaceful.jpg
138KB, 600x450px
>>2899216
They asked Achmed too
>>
>>2901077
my roommate from china says it is common for your parents to "adopt" your "cousin" from "a far away city"
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.