[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on social security, /his/? How much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (116KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 600x400px
What are your thoughts on social security, /his/?

How much is too much?
>>
we /History & humanities & politics/ now?
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>2898121

>Old people are entitled to free stuff just because they're old

Who comes up with this bullshit?
>>
>>2898272
It seems we always were.
>>
>>2898272
Summer truly has hit this board the hardest.
>>
>>2898121
I support it. Why should people support the government if the government won't support them?
>>
>>2898478

Why should future generations be enslaved by debt just so old people can have handouts?
>>
>>2898491

Do you not realize that you will one day be old?
>>
>>2898393
The idea is to save their kids the trouble of caring for them like their own kids, because they can't support themselves anymore financially. That kind of burden was pretty heavy for poorer Americans during the Great Depression when all these things were conceived.
>>
> set up entitlement for all citizens
> flood the country with uneducated third world immigration who are now entitled to that pension too

What is the Democrats endgame?
>>
>>2898496
I'm going to an hero before I hit wizard status, so no. Tax is theft.
>>
>>2898496

That's literally decades from now.
>>
>>2898506

Illegal immigrants pay into social security but aren't entitled to it, so
>>
>>2898121
>What are your thoughts on social security, /his/?
Literally cancer.

>How much is too much?
Any.

Security must be provided by the family, by friends, or by other voluntary associates. If none of those, go and buy some nurses.

If that isn't an option either, you were an asocial unloved pauper and why should anyone care?
>>
>>2898537
*tips fedora*
>>
>>2898393
That's not how Social Security works. You have to pay into the system with taxes to get anything out. If you work less than 10 years in your life, you aren't eligible for benefits. Past that point, you benefit is based on your average monthly earnings, so the more you earn (and thus the more you paid in taxes), the more you get.

It's not nearly as commie as a lot of people on the right seem to think. It's basically just a mandatory retirement savings program.
>>
File: fed2.jpg (63KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
fed2.jpg
63KB, 500x587px
>>2898537

heh... the strong thrive and the weak die...... kid
>>
The returns are pathetic compared to what you could get investing in an index fund
>>
>>2898537
>Social security is good, but it's not good if a bureaucracy does it

Explain this one pls.
>>
>>2900615
>yeah bro just buy low and sell high
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.