[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am trying to find shit on the worship of angels. Did anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1494208473840.png (58KB, 1229x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1494208473840.png
58KB, 1229x1160px
So I am trying to find shit on the worship of angels.

Did anyone ever do it? Can't find anything but it seems like it has to have happened
>>
>>2896853
thats what paganism is ya galoof
>>
>>2896858
please post better
>>
>>2896861
That is what paganism is you ignoramus.
>>
>>2896866
please improve your posting
>>
>>2896871
Pagans worship fallen angels.

Agree?
>>
>>2896853
pretty sure Catholics worshi-, sorry, venerate angels.
>>
The closest you get in the west tends to be the folk religoiion of apostolic Christianity
>>
>>2896853
Yazdism. But good luck converting.
>>
File: IMG_1123.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px)
IMG_1123.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>2896853
The concept originates from the Erinyes (The furies) from Greek mythology. Winged messengers of the god who judge and act as psychpomps by guiding souls into the afterlife. Cognates of the valkyries and possibly linguistically related.

So in short paganism. Probabaly a consequence of early Greek bible translation.
>>
>>2896876

Please stop being stupid.
>>
>>2897364

Those aren't angels.
>>
>>2897371
That's an opinion not an argument. But you are welcome to it.
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (50KB, 422x454px)
IMG_1310.jpg
50KB, 422x454px
>>2897371
Where in the Bible are they described as robed women with birds wings? I'll wait.
>>
File: IMG_1312.jpg (200KB, 1600x950px)
IMG_1312.jpg
200KB, 1600x950px
>>2897425
Probably the overlap into early Byzantine iconography.
>>
According to Gnostic, Moses followed a law given to him by angels and never truly knew God.
>>
>>2897364

No it doesn't, "angel" is just a regular Greek word meaning "messenger [of the gods]", the trope originates with the likes of Hermes (called the Angel of Zeus) and with the divine intermediaries between god and men found in Zoroastrianism.
>>
>>2897425

I don't think any female angels appear in the bible, but there are plenty who appear human. The wings are probably a Greek innovation, but bear in mind that the Jews DID have winged angels as well, such as the four cherubim who adorned the Ark of the Covenant.
>>
>>2896853
Probably. Most times angels showed up to people in the Bible they had to say chill out and don't worship me.
>>
>>2896853

There are many New Agers who worship angels.
>>
Saint Michael is the glaring contender. He was worshiped even before the birth of Jesus by the Jews and his name is literally derived from being 'like God'. Even today he exists in cringey tattoos around the world.

A good place to start will be his veneration in military orders but obviously nobody was going to outright say they worshipped Micheal.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.