/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't know if this is more a humanities question but how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1912_saint_sebastian_2k.jpg (241KB, 876x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1912_saint_sebastian_2k.jpg
241KB, 876x2048px
i don't know if this is more a humanities question but how do people who practice Christianity oppose things that are condoned in the bible like sex slavery, and Leviticus law. >hurr durr they are just dum
there are really smart people who study and understand the bible
>>
There is a difference between the circumstantial ceremonial law and the universal moral law.
>>
>>2895799
>how do people who practice Christianity oppose things that are condoned in the bible like sex slavery, and Leviticus law[?]

BY PRACTICING CHRISTIANITY —"THE BIBLE" IS THE BOOK OF JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, NOT OF CHRISTIANITY.
>>
>>2895839
ok so why did god change his mind.
>>2895821
also why is ceremonial law (mass sex slavery) in conflict with moral law (monogamous love)
>>
because it's a fucking scam
>>
>>2895861
>ok so why did god change his mind[?]

TO WHAT ARE YOU REFERRING?

HOW DOES THAT QUESTION RELATE TO MY REPLY TO YOU?
>>
>>2895884
why is sex slavery ok one day and then not ok later
>>
>>2895940

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION.
>>
>>2896027
god at one point says that it is ok to enslave women and use them as sex objects after killing their men. then later he says monogamy is the standard and it is wrong to conduct war. why did god change his mind
>>
>>2896032
Because the Bible was written by men and there is no god.
>>
>>2896042
not the question
>>
>>2896048
the question is how do people explain this inconstancy. what is the history of this question, and views various cultures take
>>
>>2896032

YOU ARE CONFLATING YHWH WITH GOD; YHWH IS SATAN, AND IT IS A DJINNI/DEMON; GOD IS THE ABSOLUTE BEING COMPREHENDING AND BEYOND ALL.

ALSO, GOD DOES NOT SPEAK.
>>
>>2896075
gnostic i am not asking your personal opinion i am asking how historically people justified this
>>
>>2895799
It was practiced by most of them the entire time they had slaves, though. The idea Christianity is incompatible with all slavery rose with abolitionism.
>>
>>2896103
i mean pope gregory had a problem with it. also monogamy is the standard is a pretty old idea
>>
>>2896097

YOU ARE A MORON.
>>
>>2896128
how am i a moron. i just want to know the historical reason people changed their mind about old testament god. most people don't believe old testament god is satan (regardless of whether you or i do)
>>
(Ignoring that it's VERY debatable whether or not sex slavery is permitted by the old testament, and whether or not that means that Christians, who do not in general follow the Old Law by Pauline doctrine are permitted to own sex slaves) I think that people didn't decide that slavery was suddenly against Christianity via a new revelation from god, I think they decided it was incompatible with their perception of what Christian values are.

Similar things happened in Judaism, like having multiple wives just sort of fell out of fashion and then became against tradition. Same thing with slavery (for the most part).
>>
>>2896166
You're talking with a Mexican shitposter. All he ever does is make up his own bizarre definitions and call other people morons. Don't try to get a coherent answer out of him.
>>
>>2896176
so why do they claim that it is against Christianity or is different. i just don't get it i don't get anything i am so depressed, i want to believe there is a god and we aren't just incoherent matter floating in an empty slowly dying void but none of it seems right or makes any sense like everything else. when i get to the core of anything at all it is just an incoherent and frightening mess maybe i am just too stupid and that is why the whole world is scary.
>>
>>2896297
The Lord said "I am the alpha and Omega"

It's pretty clear, he didn't say "I am the Beta"

So cconcubines must be a good practice if we are to be like Him
>>
>>2896297
You should probably talk to a Priest about this sort of thing, most of them will have some training in apologetics.
>>
>>2896315
Top kek.

5 star post here.
>>
>>2896323
i have, i have studied these things all my life and none of it makes any sense. i have talked to priests, rabbi's, imam's, guru's and even Buddhists. i ask the Abraham "why do you do the things god tells you not to do and don't do the things he tells you to do" and they give me something about their perfect omnipotent god changing his mind all the sudden for some reason with Christians it is the new testament for Jews and Muslims it just kinda happens. it's harder to put a pin in what hindus and buddhists believe than it is to put one in a brick wall. different regions have different cultures, views, and rituals. some believe in god's some don't some are henotheists, pantheists, polytheists , and even atheists. whenever you pin one of them down with a real question they muddy the water with vague ancient Sanskrit or Pali and when you go to study those words you can't get anywhere. if there were a god why did he make himself so hard to figure out
>>2896315
this was really really funny
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.