[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time it took for God to create universe: 7 days Size of observable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1482967044511.jpg (74KB, 1192x856px) Image search: [Google]
1482967044511.jpg
74KB, 1192x856px
Time it took for God to create universe: 7 days
Size of observable universe: 13 million light years
This means something happened 13 million light years away for it's light to take 13 million years to reach Earth.

Explain this.
>>
>>2891262
Well, technically it only took a day to add in the celestial bodies according to scripture. After the Earth was made. The Jews in caves writing this shit obviously didn't know about time and space, matter and energy, so they didn't offer an explanation.
>>
No, but I know the score
Need me to fall down so you can climb up
Some fool-ass ladder. Well, good luck.
>>
The Christian explanation would be something along the lines of "well, time was measured differently then" or "our time doesn't apply to god"

the real explanation is that g*d doesn't exist
>>
>>2891262
Genesis is a series of metaphors to give MEANING to the world, not simply to explain it, you dip.
>>
This material universe is just the creation of yaldabaoth. Sage it and move on.
>>
File: Rome.png (281KB, 704x478px) Image search: [Google]
Rome.png
281KB, 704x478px
>>2891262

Even the early Christians knew literallism was retardism:

>It not infrequently happens that something about the earth, about the sky, about other elements of this world, about the motion and rotation or even the magnitude and distances of the stars, about definite eclipses of the sun and moon, about the passage of years and seasons, about the nature of animals, of fruits, of stones, and of other such things, may be known with the greatest certainty by reasoning or by experience, even by one who is not a Christian. It is too disgraceful and ruinous, though, and greatly to be avoided, that he [the non-Christian] should hear a Christian speaking so idiotically on these matters, and as if in accord with Christian writings, that he might say that he could scarcely keep from laughing when he saw how totally in error they are. In view of this and in keeping it in mind constantly while dealing with the book of Genesis, I have, insofar as I was able, explained in detail and set forth for consideration the meanings of obscure passages, taking care not to affirm rashly some one meaning to the prejudice of another and perhaps better explanation.
Augustine of Hippo, The Literal Interpretation of Genesis 1:19–20, Chapt. 19 [AD 408]
>>
>>2891262
He built the universe in 7 days and on Sunday he turned it on and it began to expand
>>
>>2891584
>>2891592
>literalism is retarded

Then why the fuck should anyone take the bible seriously if you can just cherry pick what should and shouldn't be taken literally?

As a philosophical or interesting historical document, maybe, but as God's word? Why would God speak to man in absurd half-truths and riddles? The mental gymnastics you guys put yourselves through is ridiculous
>>
File: 1470447996028.png (931KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1470447996028.png
931KB, 800x770px
>>2891627

I don't know. If I didn't love alcohol so much I'd just be a Muslim. At least their backstory isn't dubious in regards to how the holy text came to be (council setup by a pagan emperor who threw out stuff he didn't really care for).
>>
>>2891627
Because if good forced you to do everything a certain way he would be denying you free will which is what makes us so unique
>>
>>2891627
don't take it seriously. Its a mythology, but not "merely" a mythology.
>>
>>2891262
13 billion*
>>
>>2891262
How can a "day" pass before the earth and sun is created? The answer is, "Its not literally a day you autist retard"
>>
>>2891640
Are you Mormon? Sounds like you're describing what Mormons call "the Great Apostasy."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.