[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he essentially the start and end point for modern philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Stirner antisocial.jpg (103KB, 900x483px) Image search: [Google]
Stirner antisocial.jpg
103KB, 900x483px
Is he essentially the start and end point for modern philosophy? Nietzsche and all those that came after him are completely nonessential, Stirner is literally all you need
>>
>>2888321
Yes. A legend.

/thread
>>
>>2888321
No. A joke.

/thread
>>
“The Christian has spiritual interests, because he allows himself to be a spiritual man; the Jew does not even understand these interests in their purity, because he does not allow himself to assign no value to things. He does not arrive at pure spirituality, a spirituality such as is religiously expressed, e. g., in the faith, of Christians, which alone (i. e. without works) justifies. Their unspirituality sets Jews forever apart from Christians; for the spiritual man is incomprehensible to the unspiritual, as the unspiritual is contemptible to the spiritual. But the Jews have only "the spirit of this world.”
>>
Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:31)

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. (James 2:17)
>>
>>2888321
yes
>>
>>2889222
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2891107
The mindset in the Old Testament is fundamentally a worldly one, of worldly behaviors and worldly consequences, whereas Christianity has a fundamentally otherworldly mindset that's focused on immaterial matters of thought and after-life justice.
>>
>>2888378

agreed

>>2889201

I'm not so sure
>>
>>2888321
He is the start point, but not necessarily the end. He criticizes moralistic philosophical systems from a materialistic viewpoint, but leaves many questions unanswered. Is the hedonistic treadmill worth running? Why did people develop spooks in the first place if society is simply a collection of naturally, but not always, self interested individuals? How does one maximize their service to the ego? While he has a scathing commentary on many systems with a priori oughts, he fails to prove that egotistical materialism is the best alternative.
>>
>>2892739

Do these things need answers though? Is Stirnerism more than anything a challenge to open ones mind and challenge their preconceptions?

Stirnerism never seemed prescriptive to me
>>
>>2892751
That's exactly the problem. It does not affirm a method of life that is fulfilling to Stirner. Thus, the nature of his works inherently leave room in the field of philosophy, even if he's correct.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.