[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Washington do to those who remained loyal to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: .jpg (131KB, 660x865px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
131KB, 660x865px
What did Washington do to those who remained loyal to the crown after the war?
>>
>>2886063
Hung, drawn and quartered
>>
>>2886063
Niggas fled to Canada faster than black men from the klan a few decades later
>>
>>2886063
Deported to Canada
>>
>>2886063

Nothing. It was like 20% of the population. They became American citizens.
>>
Nothing. The Loyalists left mostly after 1812.
>>
For the most part, nothing. Tories by and large rejoined American society. Some went to Canada, some went to the Caribbean, others fucked off to the UK, but most swallowed their shame and got on with life. Hell! Even some of the Hessians stuck around and made a life here.
>>
>>2886063
Stole their property and kicked them off to Canada
That's one of the reasons for the war of 1812, the civilian goods were not given back
>>
File: noyades de Nantes.jpg (126KB, 560x457px) Image search: [Google]
noyades de Nantes.jpg
126KB, 560x457px
Nothing, because Americans aren't fratricidal niggers like the French.

t.French
>>
>>2888559
Fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>2886084
>Even some of the Hessians stuck around and made a life here.
Fucking rad
>>
He didn't do anything himself. But most left due to either a love for the crown or threats of violence from supporters of the revolutions. Washington was peaceful with them, but the people were not.
>>
>>2890517
>most left
Most stayed.
>>
>>2890217

True. I live in Lancaster County, PA, which has had a large German-American premise since the early 18th century (the Amish are originally from Baden and Switzerland). Many of the Hessians settled here.

Anyway, some left to Canada, some stayed, some had their property confiscated (and had to go to Canada).
>>
File: Noyades de Nantes.gif (494KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
Noyades de Nantes.gif
494KB, 1280x540px
>>2890164
A crime against Humanity that the French Republic has tried to hide from the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drownings_at_Nantes
>>
>>2890556
Say what you will about the anglo, but they've never done anything as bad as this.
>>
>>2886063
Washington, along with Congress, was in favour of forgiving loyalists and allowing them to keep their land. The individual states did often confiscate loyalists' land, usually causing them to flee to Canada or Europe.
>>
>>2890556
I am almost sure the period known as "The Reign of Terror" is acknowledged by everybody who knows the name as something filled with massacre and injustice on a national scale.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.