[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity was originally a monotheistic religion with astrological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1496170063441[1].jpg (86KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496170063441[1].jpg
86KB, 1440x1080px
Christianity was originally a monotheistic religion with astrological aspects, so what changed? Why is saying this now seen as heretical and never spoken about by religious spokesmen despite being what the religion was founded upon?
>>
>>2884967
>with astrological aspects

What are you talking about?
>>
Here's a funny thing

"son of god" didn't actually mean literal son, it was a nickname/title given to holy people

yet christians took it literally
retards
>>
>>2884971
The story of the creation of earth was originally based around deities based on the Earth, The Sun and Saturn. As well as Christian Holy Locations and days having Astrological Significance, The day Easter Falls depends on the moon, Christmas and the Winter Solstice.
>>
>>2884971
OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>2884984
Bart Ehrman is a crank.
>>
>>2884991
>As well as Christian Holy Locations and days having Astrological Significance, The day Easter Falls depends on the moon, Christmas and the Winter Solstice.
That emerged later, as Christianity adopted elements from other local religions in order to be accepted more easily.
>>
File: 1473843851845.jpg (20KB, 317x330px) Image search: [Google]
1473843851845.jpg
20KB, 317x330px
>this thread
>people talking about monotheism like they know what it is and how the ancient people saw it
>astrological influences meme
>doesn't cite scripture
>apparently asserting it makes it more true
>people have no clue what they are talking about
>>
>>2888562
I'm just waiting for the "Catholics aren't Christian" guy to show up
>>
>>2888584
>implying there is only one
>>
>>2888584
>>2888630
Catholics are a sect of Christianity. Better?
>>
>>2888562
The ancient people founded and taught Christianity as a Polytheist religion instead of Monotheist is what I think OP means.
>>
>>2884971
Jesus was a sun god, originally identified with the Persian Mithras.

This is why the nativity is celebrated on 24th-25th December. This was formerly the night of the winter solstice, and marked the cyclical "birth" of the sun.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.