[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does one do if they cannot find meaning or purpose in anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
What does one do if they cannot find meaning or purpose in anything?

I've tried exercising, educating myself in various disciplines, writing, creating, but nothing gives me a sense of purpose. I'm not depressed or anxious, just apathetic to everything.

The only solution I can think of going back and living in the wild where I'd be so concerned with survival that I'd have no time to worry about existentialism.

There's also drugs and alcohol, or suicide, but let's put those to one side for a moment.
>>
File: pussy.gif (2MB, 319x250px) Image search: [Google]
pussy.gif
2MB, 319x250px
re-asses your ideas about what meaning is and how it is found
>>
File: 1179914-04b.png (180KB, 381x640px) Image search: [Google]
1179914-04b.png
180KB, 381x640px
>>2878402
You have to punish this world for concealing the meaning of life from you.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."

Work yourself to a position of power or authority. Then use it to wreak havoc and spread as much pain, misery and destruction as possible. Then in the ruins, you shall find meaning, I assure you.
>>
File: 1491932766762.png (139KB, 483x398px) Image search: [Google]
1491932766762.png
139KB, 483x398px
>>2878402
Two things (assuming you actually already take care of yourself and address your interests like you said)

1. Meditation. This puts you in a state in which nothing is needed, rather there just is. It settles existentialism, maintaining such effects to increasing extents outside of meditation.

2. Strive to fulfill the aspirations of people you love. A life for others, once your own is established, places you within a greater context in which existentialist concerns mitigate exponentially.

These two things (three if you include establishing yourself) are in some sense the basis of most refined normative philisophy/ mysticism.
>>
>>2878402
What are your relationships with other people like? Perhaps your depressed, seek counseling
>>
>>2878476
*you're
>>
File: sortyourself.png (102KB, 182x230px) Image search: [Google]
sortyourself.png
102KB, 182x230px
Clean your room
>>
>>2878425
Do you have to grow a mullet as well?
>>
>>2878412
How is it found? Based on your image, are you implying it is found between a woman's legs? So if you can't get pussy, you have failed to live a life with meaning?

Thanks for the shitty advice, normie.
>>
File: 4DTuSH1.jpg (103KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4DTuSH1.jpg
103KB, 1080x1080px
Realise that life in inherently meaningless and try to get through while doing things you enjoy and having fun.
>>
>DUDE NIHILISM LMAO: the philosopher
>>
>>2879687
wrong

Schopenhauer found meaning in art and compassion for others
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.