[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to Edinburgh some time next year, but i dont know what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1492889387829.jpg (319KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1492889387829.jpg
319KB, 960x895px
Im going to Edinburgh some time next year, but i dont know what i should see there, when i go.
What are some great sites, museums and generally places of cultural significance i can visit?
>>
Britbong here the castle seems pretty nice
>>
File: 1496000981477.jpg (64KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496000981477.jpg
64KB, 500x400px
>>2878340
Wew lad, well what are you interested in, and where are you from, and how long will you visit?
>>
pop over to the The Balliwick's Pheasant
>>
>>2878420
That sounds too British to be a real place
>>
>>2878409
Staying for 5 days, from Denmark and im interested in philosophy, art and culture
>>
>>2878340
Last time I was there there was a bagpipe on every corner playing Scotland the brave all day nonstop during a euro festival of some sort. It was really enjoyable for the first 5 minutes.
>>
>>2878458
Never been to Edinburgh but I know England is just about the most bland place on the face of the earth

I enjoyed Dublin a lot more. They've got the Irish literature, fun pub scene, lots of street musicians, castles. They were building a trolley system last time I was there too. I imagine the Scots got much of the same, cept the literature of course
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mnsmcn9mi51qz4rgp.png (160KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mnsmcn9mi51qz4rgp.png
160KB, 400x304px
>>2878458

Well, most things of interest center around the old town, which consists of the royal mile, canongate and holyrood, there are a shit tonne of places of interest so I would google it to get the general idea. We've got Edinburgh Museum, National Art Gallery, the university, St Giles Cathedral, 'muh old town' itself, and Holyrood for starters.

...and of course - the castle. In the castle you've got muh crown jewels, a war museum and a war memorial. They fire a gun at one o'clock as far as I remember.

There's Arthur's Seat too, you know, the big hill if it's a nice day.

You've got Calton hill also for the postcard views.

You've got the rest of the city which is 'muh Georgians'.

Not sure what you'll do for 5 days though, because you'll probably find yourself out of things to do..... unless you've got a lot of money for whisky?? Because I would do a day trip to Glasgow and visit Kelvingrove museum because I love it there. Or you could maybe get your arse to Stirling.
>>
>>2878525
Thanks lad, appreciated
>>
>>2878564
oh, and I forgot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_National_Portrait_Gallery
>>
>>2878838
and to add to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Edinburgh

Read through this for a basic gestalt so you know what to look out for.
>>
>>2878491
>edinburgh
>england
reeeeee

>>2878340
What >>2878525 is good advice, to add to what to do in glasgow, the hunterian museum is also pretty good, and I like the museum of modern art, but I know that most people on 4chan get angsty about modern art
>>
>>2879404
Oh and the necropolis is a nice graveyard if you're into that kind of thing, but it's the other end of the city
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.