[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could Europe have been united pre-20th century? >what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3955.jpg (112KB, 1200x677px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3955.jpg
112KB, 1200x677px
How could Europe have been united pre-20th century?
>what religion would it follow
>what language would it speak
>what culture would dominate
>>
>>2877494
The only way I can see it reunited is Napoleon succeeding in uniting it, or Charlemagne + sons doing better
>>
Literally impossible. The nationalism meme is too strong.
>>
>>2877616
Napoleon's really the only plausible possibility.
>>
>>2877616
>>2877622
>>2877630
There could be another 30 years war-esque thing that leaves Europe vulnerable to Islam and we see a revival of pre 1683 ottoman empire
>>
>>2877494
Weren't Pan-Slavism and Pan-Germanism popular in the late 19th century?
>>
Impossible with all the different cultures and languages.
>>
>le what if Rome never fell?
>le what if Genghis Khan was immortal?
>le what if the American Indians got more advanced than the Old World and invaded?
>le aliens
basically fuckall
best bet is a nice global thermonuclear war and a surviving state claiming the crater as theirs
>>
>>2877494
The Habsburgs at their height were really close to pulling it off. prior to the War of the Spanish Succession, they controlled Spain, Austria, Hungary, and most of Italy. With a war of conquest against Portugal and a few strategic marriages they could have sort of pulled it off. The trick would be placating the Bourbons, which was only accomplished after the Diplomatic Revolution, mostly as a counter to Prussia. Of course, if Prussia were strong Austria would have less influence in north/central Europe.

If this conglomerate happened somehow, the nobility would probably speak multiple languages and each region would speak its own language. Like Charles V said, "I speak in Latin to God, French to Women, English to Men, and German to my Horse." French culture would dominate, because it was already dominant even among non-french.
>>
>>2877616
If those two can do it then there is no doubt the romans can do it and of course Hitler
>>
>>2877494
is a united europe bigger than china? I couldnt see europe united feasibly although it was close a couple of times. But then they wouldve steamrolled the world even more than before
>>
Sure, if VARUS GAVE ME BACK MY DAMN LEGIONS!
>>
Charles V converting to Lutheranism
>>
>>2879934
Europe was on track to being more populous then China had it not been for
>black death
>emigration
>world wars
>>
Did Napoleon actually want a permenant united european state?
>>
>>2881520
I demand a source for this claim
>>
>>2881673
No, he wanted a bunch of independent states (all subservient to France of course) run by his family members.
>>
>>2881701
Not him but France was expected to have had a population of 300 million by now if it had maintained the growth rates the rest of Europe had, had it not been for the Napoleonic Wars.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.