[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why is nudity and sexuality more taboo to show than brutal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 57eeef8c95b4543b2ebe74858d618997.jpg (809KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
57eeef8c95b4543b2ebe74858d618997.jpg
809KB, 800x1129px
So why is nudity and sexuality more taboo to show than brutal violence and arson?
Considering one can show someone being torn in half on tv or video game but a censor bar is throw at the image of a nipple and ratings are raise at the sight of humping.
>>
>>2875269
Only in America, Land of the Free, it is not allowed show nipples.
>>
>>2875323
I forgot to mention that but yeah even then tho
>>
>>2875323
Ironically Europe is just as unreasonable about violence in media as America is unreasonable about sexual stuff
>>
>>2875385
That's a dumb generalization. There is no European legislation on violence in media. Each country allows different degrees of violence, and they tend to be much more lenient on violence than the US is on nudity and sex.

In fact, even the countries with historically lower bars on violence, such as Germany, have drastically reversed that policy and their versions are in almost all cases exactly like in the rest of the world.
>>
>>2875269
Violence doesn't make me fail nofap
>>
>>2875269
Violence encourages seriousness by revealing reality's brutality. Free sexuality deadens an individual's drive.
>>
>>2875269
i wouldn't say sexuality is on television, just nudity for some reason. really what we need is less sexualized television with more nudity
>>
>>2875733
>really what we need is less sexualized television with more nudity
I'm giggle reading this
>>
>>2875269
i guess religion plays a bigger part in american culture.The idea of sin and sexual repression is very prominent in Christianity.I mean some of the original settlers where puritans.
>>
>>2875741
seriously though sex on television isn't that uncommon and a sitcom won't even shy away from hinting at fetishes, but god forbid they show a nipple
>>
Don't apply Burgerstan's backwards policies onto entire world
>>
>>2875385
I mean it sorta makes sense

what would you rather have you kid see ?

a bare nipple or some guy getting his head blown off ?
>>
>>2877749
If I want my kids to be patriots then they should toughen up and get used to seeing explosions.
>>
>>2875323
This. In a horror TV show there was a shot of two flayed naked corpses with their skin pulled up like wings. The censors didn't like the fact that there was rear nudity, so the producers covered the corpses' backsides with caked blood so it could be aired.
>>
>>2875751
Genital mutilation as a "remedy" for both male and female masturbation used to be frighteningly common here. With males it still is, and questioning it is taboo.
>>
File: reactionimage.png (104KB, 307x371px) Image search: [Google]
reactionimage.png
104KB, 307x371px
>>2877792
>>
>>2875269
Because violence carries a huge amount of risk that you would be at the receiving end of it if you lose. Combined with the fact that it is so obviously wrong that a sane person wouldnt imitate it. Some people naturally get grossed out by it.

Sex on the other hand is neither. It attracts everyone without putting anyone off and so is much more effective at influencing its audience to follow the example.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.