[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this autist's endgame? Just humiliate France and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: f861dd788d1566652170fcbf277cb75a.jpg (827KB, 2133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
f861dd788d1566652170fcbf277cb75a.jpg
827KB, 2133x1600px
What was this autist's endgame?

Just humiliate France and England and get some more colonies?

Did he have any territorial claims in Europe?

Did he not forseen that, even if, by some miracle, he could conquer France and defeat the Royal Navy with his little black submarines , the United States would still want their debts to be paid?
>>
>>2870933
I could tell you, but I see a lot of disrespect in your words for him, so I wont.
>>
He had no endgame, just a vague idea of how to operate with no reason why he was operating.

The fact that his predecessor died of cancer and allowed Willy to take the helm of Germany is proof that god exists and hates mankind.
>>
File: Kaiser.png (700KB, 721x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser.png
700KB, 721x600px
>>2870933

I'm convinced he had no clue what he was doing, just let his generals and admirals run the show, rubber stamping their ideas without understanding the implications of things until it was far too late. The fact that he decided to go on vacation right at the high point of tensions says a lot.
>>
>>2870933
He didn't really want the war, in fact throughout the war's duration he thought it his cousins George and Nicholas were just jealous of him and tried to fuck him over. He also thought that there was no way that A-H would invade Serbia after they capitulated to most of their demands, so he didn't even expect that it would happen. By the time the war started, he had little power, and was mostly at the mercy of his general's insane proto-Nazi plans for lebensraum and world domination.

If you want to know what he really wanted, it'd probably be for the world to remain mostly the same, just with Germany having a few more colonies, the world's largest navy, humiliating the UK and Russia, and finally some peace and quiet
>>
File: 1491775889558.jpg (101KB, 1452x664px) Image search: [Google]
1491775889558.jpg
101KB, 1452x664px
>implying Willy was even in charge when WWI started.
He'd lost most of his influence after he humiliated himself and the Empire during an interview with the Daily Telegraph in 1908.
>>
>>2872715

What exactly did he say that was so bad? From what I can gather, he accidentally called Britain a backwards nation, which he had intended to say about Russia.
>>
>>2872796
Read the text, it's not long.
He just comes out as a rambling moron and as a bonus says things that probably shouldn't be said in public interviews to keep diplomatic confidentiality.

>dude France and Russia totally wanted us to attack you
I can imagine French and Russian ambassadors shitting themselves with rage while reading this.
>>
>>2872715
>>2872796
>>2872830
Reminder that Willy was the kind of guy who would browse /r9k/.

Literal autists with 0 social skills who would often make people feel insulted when he was just trying to be nice.
>>
>>2870933
His end game was proving he had the biggest dick in the world and that he didn't need that cranky old Bismark or two good arms to be successful.
>>
>>2873401
>Reminder that Willy was the kind of guy who would browse /r9k/.
He was prone to excited fits but he wasn't some bumbling autist who didn't understand social interaction.
>>
>>2873441
Most people in that board are LARPing anyway.
>>
File: 1460803809608.jpg (212KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
1460803809608.jpg
212KB, 800x526px
>>2870933
>What was this autist's endgame?
At the start of the war.
The Kaiser was desperate for peace and did everything he could to prevent the situation from escalating and the European powers from mobilizing.
If it were not for the war hungry french, he may have succeeded.

Once the war started proper, the Kaisers goal was to ensure that such an horror could never again ravage Europe.
This was to be achieved by first dismantling the western most extremes of Russia and depriving them of both Ukraine and access to the black sea (as seen in the treaty of brest-litovsk).
Secondly, the goal was to castrate the war-mongering French; Presumably by annexing the industrial regions of Champagne an Franche-Comte.

>Just humiliate France and England
The primary goal at first was attempting to prevent the war.
After the war started, the goal was to prevent it happening again.
By all accounts the Kaiser was far more concerned with Russia then he was Britain and likely wanted to establish an alliance/defense pact with them post war; They would have gotten off very lightly.

>get some more colonies?
While never a goal.
The Kaiser certainly would have stripped France of most, if not all of its colonies.
Brittan was never in much danger of this, at most Germany would have just taken Malta from them.

>Did he have any territorial claims in Europe?
Plenty.
The Baltic, Switzerland, Poland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Lithuania, Ukraine and assorted border regions in France.
And that is just ignoring all of the rightful German claims that comprised most of Austria-Hungary.
>>
>>2870933
he wanted to "arm" germany to make up for the deficiency of his own mangled arm
>>
>>2872796
he utterly wrecked any goodwill the english public had for germany. it was a public relation's disaster of the worst scale
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.