[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the Arabs become so piss-poor at fighting in the latter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-05-26-22-31-57.png (225KB, 1080x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-26-22-31-57.png
225KB, 1080x1850px
How did the Arabs become so piss-poor at fighting in the latter half of the 20th century?

At least in the 19th and early 20th century you had Arabs such as Muhammad Ahmad, Muhammad Ali Pasha, and Abd el-Krim (to name a few), who all provided a serious challenge to the various colonial powers.

What happened to all that zeal and fighting spirit?
>>
>>2870204
Because they fucked their cousins for thousands of years and so they all ended up retarded.
>>
1. 20th century Arab states are, and I can't think of another way to put it, colonial constructs. Instead, personal loyalties often go to religion or:

2. Tribalism. Look how fast the Iraqi Army bolted when ISIS had momentum. They don't really care about the 'country' they're defending. But that zeal comes through big-time when faced with sectarian matters (which is religious tribalism)

3. Arabs and modern warfare just don't mix. I read something about a someone in the US military who worked in the Middle East with Arab 'allies', and he complained about how they refuse to do the nitty gritty work of maintaining all their fancy equipment/tech. Also, something about how Syria's air force being really stupid against Israel.
>>
>>2870204
>Muhammad Ali
>Arab

The Arabs weren't great fighters anyway. Even during the Abbasid Caliphate they were relying on Turks, Circassian mercenaries and Dailamites to do the fighting for them
>>
>>2870204
>FAP
Fucking chad
>>
>>2870204
Colonization
>>
>>2870204
When Arabs are united under a common leader with a common goal, they're not bad. See: Hezbollah. The problem is when a bunch of different Arab countries ruled by paranoid dictators "join forces", as in the wars against Israel. There's no cooperation or trust.
>>
>not posting arab Israeli wars
>>
Before:
Fight to spread your faith and for loot
Fight with your tribe under a feudal arrangement as part of a larger force
The leader was produced via political maneuvering and conquering, and was a badass dude that everyone looked up to.

After:
Fight to defend and/or gain land for your """nation""" which had its borders defined by European powers.
Fight with random strangers in a an attempt at a homogeneous army.
The leader is some CIA-installed puppet dictator.
>>
>>2870234
>The Arabs weren't great fighters anyway.
They used to be to even found those Caliphates.

Arabs just have a serious case of resting on their laurels, leading to their encuckment by Turkic rulers for a long time.
>>
>>2870539
nigga arabs became shit fighters after big daddy ghengis came and assraped them, leaving the middle east in the state its in now
>>
Interesting read, written by a US Army colonel.
http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
>>2870204
Look at their leadership and societal structure. The leader of these countries where strongmen whose main use fornthe military was not foreign conquest but internal policing and control. Furthermore many parts of the middle East still adhere to tribal loyalties so,the whole cohesion of the armies are lost and made ineffective. This means that often soldiers and officers have zero trust in one another and fail to share info. C
>>
>>2870234
I forgot he was Albanian or something, I could've sworn he was part Arab.
>>
It really comes down to culture. Long story short, their officer and NCO corps are fucking dreadful. They horde knowledge instead of spreading it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.