[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think about histories most famous larper,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: britfaglarpingasamudslime.jpg (4MB, 2133x2846px) Image search: [Google]
britfaglarpingasamudslime.jpg
4MB, 2133x2846px
What does /his/ think about histories most famous larper, T. E. Lawrence
>>
>>2862467
Faggot
>>
Can't hate someone with such excellent taste in motorcycles

Also he gets muzzies AND isolationists nice and toasty so he's alright in my book
>>
File: germans.jpg (162KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
germans.jpg
162KB, 1000x688px
>>2862471
I ******************wonder********************** who this could be
>>
I liked his book. Didn't care much for his movie. As for his actual role in the war, it's a pretty huge "whatever".
>>
File: IMG_0397.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>2862476
I'm not even G*rman, the Br*ts fucked up the Middle East forever and their little faggot Lawrence helped them tremendously in doing this. And you're an absolute faggot for defending him, you faggot. A faggot of faggots if I must say so myself. Get fukt, faggot.
>>
>>2862483
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jdfHCgO31Y
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (21KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
21KB, 200x193px
>>2862499
You could've made a mock out of my statement with vocaroo but instead you voiced out this autism. Truly, you are indeed a faggot as is self-evident.
>>
>>2862520
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0utadzIXChq
>>
File: IMG_0031.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>2862531
Ah yes, only the greatest of faggots would reply like this. Very intelligent, my dear faggot.
>>
>>2862541
>frogposting

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ix4Km46RH4
>>
>>2862483
Hey guy, how about not responding when getting trolled.

How much of lawrence's travels is actually confirmable/not on his account.
>>
>>2862583
I like feeding trolls sorry.

>>2862578
That's a toad btw.
>>
>>2862583
the one where he fucked ur gran
>>
File: 1495540517210.jpg (37KB, 379x503px) Image search: [Google]
1495540517210.jpg
37KB, 379x503px
Oh wow, this escalated quickly
>>
File: 1445919227500.jpg (129KB, 393x469px) Image search: [Google]
1445919227500.jpg
129KB, 393x469px
>>2862684
>>
File: 1465241890110.jpg (55KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465241890110.jpg
55KB, 471x500px
>>2862684
>>
Was he the first person to unite Arabia since Muhammad?

If so, that's pretty cool.
>>
Where did the whole Bey-ttsecks meme come from? It's not in "Seven Pillars".
>>
>>2862467
People should've listened to his ideas on what should be done with the middle-east after the war.

>>2864056
>>2864056
People always say he was raped while captured. It's been awhile since I read Seven Pillars, but I think I'd remember something like that.
>>
>>2864137
>I think I'd remember something like that.

Yeah, it's not in there. What I can't understand is that I've read more than one article claiming that Lawrence inserted what was basically a sadomasochistic fantasy into his war memoir, and yet there's nothing there.
>>
>>2864211
It's probably just meme history like people claiming all over the place that Joan d'Arc didn't personally fight. Her oft used statement, "I never killed anyone" was said in direct response to her being accused of murdering a brigand. While at her trial, knights testified that she was an expert with a lance and personally led assaults onto enemy held walls. And she was wounded multiple times in combat.

People make up all sorts of stuff to get attention, or clicks nowadays.
>>
>>2864211
He claimed he was raped by a pack of hairy Arabs while on long range recon.
>>
File: arab_revolt_lg.jpg (214KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
arab_revolt_lg.jpg
214KB, 1200x877px
>>2864363
>He claimed he was raped by a pack of hairy Arabs while on long range recon.
Sauce?
>>
>>2864363
Did he enjoy it?
>>
>>2864137
>>2864211

There is attempted rape, but no actual penetration as far as I recall.
>>
>>2864363

How many and how big we're their cocks? Did they ever spit roast him while they made him do ski poles with two other dongs?

Give me something I can work with anon!
>>
>>2864650
>There is attempted rape, but no actual penetration as far as I recall.
There isn't. Go actually read it.
>>
>>2864056
>>2864137
>>2864211
>>2864300
>>2864363
>>2864620
>>2864634
I was looking specifically for it when I read it the book.
Somewhere between when it was winter of 1917 and spring of 1918, around chapters 70-90, Lawrence and a companion were trying to either recon the size of a Turkish garrison. While on the street, Lawrence was grabbed by Turkish soldiers who took him to the command post of the garrison, upstairs to the Major. The Major's bedroom, to be exact. He was likely grabbed for the Major's entertainment (read: sex) that night because of his fair complexion. They thought he might be a deserter from the British army, but because of his fluent Arabic, they believed him when he told them he was Circassian. The Major then tried to talk Lawrence into going to bed with him by promising him he would take care of him and give him a house and an allowance, like he was some kind of wife. Lawrence pushed the Major away from him and kicked him in the dick. The Turkish soldiers immediately seized him and the Major sat there for a while on his bed recovering. Then he ordered that Lawrence be beaten in the barracks. The three soldiers who had him started going downstairs, but the Major ordered the Corporal to stay upstairs with him, which means that he was getting fugged tonight instead. Lawrence grinned at him. Then he was taken to the barracks and beaten for a while, during which they whipped him, and he (and this is all according to Lawrence) screamed and cried in pain. They also, when almost done, whipped him in the crotch, which he described as so incredibly painful after all they'd done he curled up, screaming silently, air hissing out his mouth, making almost no sound. They took him upstairs, but the Major was now disgusted with him. Then they dragged him outside and apologised to him while hauling him to a gutter, saying that if they didn't beat him so bad he'd probably have gone back to the Major, or they would be punished.
>>
There is no proof of him being raped, no actual accounts and most historians today say it probably didn't happen

As to why he wrote that into his memoirs, probably his homosexual fantasies.
>>
>>2864787
So, since this was all Lawrence's own report, historians have questioned if it really happened, or if parts of it happened, or if a different version of what he said happened, happened. Whatever the case, he said that after that his spirit was broken for a while, and being in Arabia which was already exhausting and stressful because of the nature of his assignment became almost unbearable. He made it his goal to finish the war as soon as possible and get out, which he did. So, guessing at his thoughts and actions we can say that something traumatizing went down.
I would also encourage you guys who say that it didn't happen and claim to have read the book to read the book before you make a total idiot out of yourselves, you are the reason /his/ is so shit.
>>
>>2864782

Chapter 80.

>At last he looked me over, and told me to stand up: then to turn round. I obeyed; he flung himself back on the bed, and dragged me down with him in his arms. When I saw what he wanted I twisted round and up again, glad to find myself equal to him, at any rate in wrestling.

I read my sources. How about you read yours.
>>
>>2864787
Thanks. That's about how I remember it. But it's been about 12 years since reading the book. I was pretty darn sure there wasn't an actual rape, but I was a bit fuzzy on the details.
>>
>>2864903
No problem
>>
>>2864300
Honestly Anon
What seems more likely. That a waifish farm girl with no military experience beat trained men twice her size.
Or that people where demonizing her during her trial so that they would burn her as a witch.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.