[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a united German culture without Prussia or has German

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 500px-Germanborders.svg.png (48KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Germanborders.svg.png
48KB, 500x377px
Is there a united German culture without Prussia or has German national identity really been defined by Prussia? What are some historical examples (pre-2945) of Central Germany uniting without Prussia. I've read that the confederation of the Rhine was a thing but don't know much about it.
>>
*pre-1945.
>>
File: Germany.png (572KB, 2268x776px) Image search: [Google]
Germany.png
572KB, 2268x776px
>>2859695
>German
>People
>>
>>2859695
You idiot, what do you think the early HRE was, they were all Germans until Protestant scum ruined everything
>>
>>2859715
>Venetian is its own nationality
Admit it they're Scythians>>2859725
>>
>>2859715
No meme answers pls
>>
>>2859730
>Venetian is its own nationality
It was an independent state, right?
>>
>>2859725
Not even close
>>
>>2862368
Enlighten us then.
>>
There was a German nationalism centered around Habsburg austria up until WWI.
>>
>>2859725
>>2863644
Let's take the Kingdoms of Italy and Bohemia, Burgundy and Wallonia as non-German examples.
The fact that Bohemia held an Electorate also disqualifies the idea of the HRE being of German Nation.
>>
>>2863658
Even today Germany has non-Germans in it. Can the HRE be considered a pan-German state with non-German minorities? Sure.
>>
>>2863669
Can the HRE be considered a pan-German state with a non-German electoral nation? Not so sure desu.
Can it be considered a state at all? I really don't think so.
>>
>>2863684
>Can it be considered a state at all? I really don't think so.
Anything past tribal level can be considered a state.
>>
>>2859715
What is the point of haplogroup or DNA autism? Everyone just spergs and posts conflicting poorly sourced maps and it accomplishes nothing
>>
File: Fieri.gif (2MB, 325x235px) Image search: [Google]
Fieri.gif
2MB, 325x235px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>2863690
Taking this definition every town and city can be considered as such, but the main point is the Bohemian electorate.
>>
>>2863695
These autists really need something other than slow ass text-to-speech, it kills the whole thing
>>
>>2859695
Anon, i wouldnt ask here not a single person has brought up the German Confederation or the Austro-Prussian war its clear no one here knows history.

Until Prussia beat Austria the Germans were expecting an Austrian led Germany.
>>
>>2863699
City-states are a thing. Should we consider some random independent village a state? I guess not. But i'd need to see examples of those throughout history which either aren't A.) A tribe or B.) Connected to some greater government even loosely.
>>
File: DFW.png (319KB, 534x388px) Image search: [Google]
DFW.png
319KB, 534x388px
>>2863701
>complains about slow speed
>calls other people autists
>>
>>2863692
It's you German that started it

You had no shame and called us(French and Southern Euros) mongrels but it backlashed on you and turn out that we're INFINITELY PURER THAN YOU

Now suffer by knowing that you're a mongrel and inferior in every way to French
>>
>>2863711
Your defintion of a state is:
>Anything past tribal level can be considered a state.
So you can either stay with this definition or get another one.
If the emphasis is on the can, then we have won nothing with this definiton.
I consider the body controlled by the Souvereign as the state.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.