[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know any book(in english or Polish language) about Britain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 240px-Peter_de_Grote.jpg (25KB, 240x337px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Peter_de_Grote.jpg
25KB, 240x337px
Do you know any book(in english or Polish language) about Britain and Muscovy/Russian relationship? I have to write referat about this relations.
Or at least is there any russian/english fellow historian who can tell me about this diplomatic relation?
>>
Google "White Sea company" and see where that leads. Thats some of the earliest Anglo-Russian relations and it happened under Elizabeth I.
>>
>>2859085
Ivan the terrible wanted to ally Elizabeth I, and marry but she never committed, and his successor was kinda a dick
So they just kept a fur trade company there, more interesting is the British colony in crimea
>>
>>2859102
>British colony in crimea
tell me more it looks like very important thing but from the other hand Crimea was't Russian yet
>>2859100
yes, I have found something about Muscovy Company but nothing else. Next thing about relations with russians is Peter the Great and his trip to the west
>>
>>2859102
>the terrible
the Formidable
>>
>>2859085
Where I used to live in Greenwich there is a statue of Peter the Great commemorating the time he spent there learning from the shipwrights.
I thought it was petty cool.
>>
>>2859731
Terrible meant something else back then
Just like amazing, awesome and great
>the genocide of the Jews was truly awesome
>>
>>2859757
No, really, he was named the formidable, I don't know why englishmen come up with another name that will just misled the people
>>
>>2859815
That was the English translation of the Russian
>>
>>2859815
but he was terrible for his people(and son)
>>
>>2859939
>unified Russia
Bad
>set it up for romanovs to rule
Bad
Niqqa wat
>>
>>2860366
>kill your own son
not bad

>lost all war against Poland
not bad

>exhauste your country
not bad

>take all freedom from your subjects
not bad

Niqqa wat
>>
>>2859085
Its too long and different even without jokes of 16-17 centuries.
1690-1790 common struggle against Sweden.
1790-1815 Napoleonic wars (including kill of Pavel I).
1815-1914 Big Game.
1914-1917 WWI.
>>
>>2860579
>>take all freedom from your subjects
Seriosly? Read about Zemsky Sobor
>>lost all war against Poland
and Sweden and Grand Duchy of Lithuania who ganged up on his after he defeated the Livonian order
>>
>>2862048
Poland told him to leave Livonian Order he choose otherwise like all bad ruler and get smashed like all bad ruler
>>
>>2862481
t. polack
>>
>>2859815
I was always under the impression that гpoзный meant fearsome or at the very least had some more ominous connotations than just formidable.
In any case, a synonym for fearsome/formidable especially at the time was terrible, and the name stuck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.