[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Manorialism would be the best system to reintroduce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Do you think Manorialism would be the best system to reintroduce in modern politics?
Its a part of feudalism, sure, but I'm sure it could be implemented in any system. It's just a Landlord and Tennant in the end.
>>
I don't know about 'the best' but I don't see how it would be bad. They'd just have to be economically viable enough.
>>
Landlords shouldn't exist.
>>
>>2852114

Landlordism is a vile institution that should be abolished. The very last thing we should be doing is giving landlords even MORE wealth and power.
>>
File: IMG_3071.jpg (88KB, 540x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3071.jpg
88KB, 540x463px
>>2852141
>>2852159
>>
>>2852162
>HURR
I'm not a communist you worthless sack of shit. Gas yourself.
>>
>>2852114
since when is /his/ just threads of op posing a worthless essay question, while contributing nothing. this is shit posting.
>>
>>2852162
I would be classified as a 'communist' but I was the one who said it wouldn't necessarily be bad. I think you can help run a great house and still be in control of the means of production. And in this way you are not alienated from your work. They're effectively small city states.
>>
>>2852162
Anyone who gets enough capital to buy an apartment or house has a way to make easy income if they make sure to only let to people whom they can trust to pay the rent. They shouldn't also be allowed to own the tenants means of production or their income. That's too much of a lower imbalance. Growth of wealth would stagnate and the middle class would die.
>>
>>2852182
Too true. It seems to be Sumner in /his/ already. Welcome, undergraduates. Hope your freshman year treated you well. Now go back to /pol/, you bored shit heels.
>>
A collective farm sort of arrangement seems like a good idea. Seems like a decent fallback if times get tough.
>>
>Manorialism is the system where a lord of the manor would make the serfs or tenants work on his estate, or fief. The middle ages system of manorialism was the organisation of a country economy and society. Peasants had rights to use the land and domain in order to live.
Sounds like what Pol Pot tried to do (in modern style, of course).
>>
About half of US farm operators don't own the land they work. It never even really went away in agriculture.
>>
Why do people think this was so bad? Whats the alternative, living in the woods by yourself and getting killed by bandits? Its not like the landlords took the villages away from people, from what I understand the feudal farms were largely on former roman estates and replaced slavery, a step up.
>>
>>2854160
That sounds great! A bunch of farmers could then get together on this property, and share the land to grow crops! What should we call such a practice?
>>
Robotic Manorialism when?
>>
>>2854206
Don't forget shoot all the smart people so they don't get 'uppity' about it.
>>
>>2852182
>since when
Since its inception, what the hell are you on about?
>>
We moved away from it for a reason.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.