[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why and how did Germany lose World War I when there were still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 278x181px
Why and how did Germany lose World War I when there were still German soldiers on French soil?
>>
>>2850520
when germany surrendered the western front had already broken. should they have waited longer the allies would have begun an invasion of Germany
>>
>>2850520
Because they were getting driven back and their armies were collapsing, they were starving, their situation was hopeless, their allies had collapsed, and when the next campaign happened they'd be fighting through the Rhineland with destruction on their soil instead of on Franco-Belgium soil. The Eternal Teuton is readily willing to dish out destruction to others but is less willing to take damage himself.
inb4 jews
Also that line in the south looks sketchy, the front mostly approximated the pre-war border there and the French even had taken some German territory in the southern part of Alsace-Lorraine.
>>
>>2850520
Because the home front collapsed because suprinsgly bombing and torpedoing is less effective than blockading
>>
>>2850520
>The Eternal Teuton is readily willing to dish out destruction to others but is less willing to take damage himself

who isnt
>>
>>2850520
Quick rundown of events:

1. Bulgaria collapses and sues for peace.
2. Ottoman Empire collapses and sues for peace.
3. Austro-Hungary collapses and sues for peace.

Germany is now literally alone against the world, running out of everything from food to oil. Also, the invention of tanks and whatnot meant that the Western Front wasn't nearly as static at the end of the war as the beginning. The Allies were pushing the Germans back (finally).
>>
I like how holland is just there chilling while belgium gets raped
>>
>>2850730
What about the rest of The Netherlands? Or just Holland.
>>
>>2850540
This. The Hindenburg line had been broken and army would literally have collapsed if allies continued their offensives. Germany had to sue for peace otherwise it would have been like the soviet steam roller in the 40's.
>>
>>2850709
+ The germans had little manpower and practically no trained soldiers left
>>
>>2850520

Because they surrendered to avoid having their own country destroyed in the same way they did to the territory they occupied in France and Belgium.

If Germany had been invaded and destroyed, ww2 wouldnt have happened. Their early surrender made many Germans think they had been betrayed, that they didnt lose.
If France, America and the USA had invaded Germany, no German would have believed they were betrayed, they simply would have accepted their defeat.

Trying to avoid further victims and destruction, ended up causing far more 2 decades later.
>>
>>2850921
French soldiers were really close to mutiny again though, this could have resulted in the allies making an even more weak peace deal
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.