[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this shit really happen? I have trouble believing that ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: trojan-horse-in-troy-city.jpg (56KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
trojan-horse-in-troy-city.jpg
56KB, 600x478px
Did this shit really happen?

I have trouble believing that ancient people were really that stupid.
>>
File: World-Trade-Center-Attack-3.jpg (100KB, 620x550px) Image search: [Google]
World-Trade-Center-Attack-3.jpg
100KB, 620x550px
Did this shit really happen?

I have trouble believing that 21st-century people were really that stupid.
>>
>>2837734
CIA did it.
>>
>>2837698
All it would take is a lapse of judgement from those in control of the gates.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, the idea of the trojan horse is a well ingrained meme in our collective cultural consciousness.

The idea is an achievement of the human imagination whether it happened or not. If it did happen it is not hard to believe they would never see it coming.

Inclined to think it didn't happen because they second men start pouring out you can set the bitch on fire
>>
If Acheans were able to construct such a thing, why hadn't they built siege towers instead?
Checkmate, Homer.
>>
>>2837698
The Trojan horse was probably interpreted as a prepared sacrifice by the defeated Greeks. They would set it on fire as a tribute to Athena/Apollo/Poseidon/another god for their successful defense.

The siege apparently lasted for a decade, so some form of gracious defeat would be accepted willingly by the seemingly victorious besieged defenders.
>>
>>2837765
>because they second men start pouring out you can set the bitch on fire
All you really had to do was to set the ladder/rope on fire. A fall from that height would either kill you or leave you with broken limbs.
>>
>>2837765
>Inclined to think it didn't happen because they second men start pouring out you can set the bitch on fire
It happened at night, the Trojans were asleep
>>
>>2837698
Do you believe in cyclops?
>>
>>2837698

It's hard to be sure of much when you go that far back in the ancient word but I would go for almost certainly not.
>>
>>2837698
>Did this shit really happen?

It seems bizarrely specific and something that could certainly have travelled through the oral stories of the Trojan War that were eventually enshrined in written form in the Iliad and Odyssey. We know that other things from them are based on an actual historical reality from 12th century Ilium.
>>
>what kind of idiot would fall for that trap
>had literally never happened up until this point

it's easy to say it's obvious, but it literally was NOT obvious at the time, if it happened
>>
>>2837698
No, Troy's doorways were not even big enough to let such a gigantic object pass through it.
>>
>>2838183
There's no proof of a war between Ilium and the Greeks.

>>2838343
That's why they knocked a hole in their walls to get it in.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.