[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all agree history is about predestination, right? WWII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ship galleon.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
ship galleon.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
So we all agree history is about predestination, right?

WWII was inevitable because of the economical and ideological crisis
Spanish empire was inevitably going to fall because of the huge income of gold and lack of economical thinking of the time
French revolution was inevitable consequence of absolutistic tendencies of French monarchs
etc.

When all the memes are put aside, we all agree that history is a series of causes and consequences right? I mean, thats why we study it, so we could learn from the past.

And if thats true, then we could (/should) be able to predict what will happen in the future up to a certain extent.

So my question is, what is your guess on the near future of the world /his/torians?
>>
>>2834608
rude...
>>
calling it predestination is too far but yes causes and consequences, however we cannot determine the human variable, the source of the action

the near future is nothing fancy, things will go as now for a while and the consequence will be a migration of epic propositions we havent seen before, possibly ending up in a war that will destory civilization as we know it

unless we start colonizing space
>>
I would tell you what will happen, but then I'd be told to go back to /pol/.
>>
File: 1495221113145.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495221113145.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2835467
The spacefarers will then pick off the now weakened dregs of their opponents, and then resettle the globe
>>
>When all the memes are put aside, we all agree that history is a series of causes and consequences right?

Nope. History could have gone any other way. There is no inevitable reason why the set of events we have in history happened the way they happened. WWII could have easily been avoided, the Spanish Empire could've had sensible advisors with a more conservative mindset, and the French monarchs, for whatever reason, could've come to the conclusion that inequality had gotten a bit out of hand.

There is no reason why history could never have happened like this, other than the fact that it didn't. The only reason we think that history is inevitable is because we have no other histories to compare it with
>>
>>2834600

No, there are plenty of unpredictable actors in history on both the large and small scales.

I can say that based on the way things seem to be going >>2835467 is more or less correct. While I doubt there will be a massive war, there will probably be conflict in response to human migrations and possibly famine or other scarcities in response to climate change.
>>
>>2837397
>unpredictable actors in history
name one
>>
Not really.

More of a "it's incredibly likely that shit between one of several belligerents will kick of because of this action."

Northern Ireland Troubles, Arab Spring, almost every conflict in eastern europe in the past 50 years; it's things that people didn't predict, but everyone could confidently say "it's about to kick off."
>>
>>2837465
Battle of Britain was an unlikely win for the Brits, as was the defeat of the Spanish Armada.

France's revolution in theory could have been fucked.
The White Russians could have beat the reds.

Germany might have been spared from Nazis had the reichstag fire not happened.

Many things have incredibly unforseen circumstances.
>>
>>2834600
>French revolution was inevitable consequence of absolutistic tendencies of French monarchs
>French revolution was against the King
Enough with this meme.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.