[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we conciliate freedom of speech and the inordinate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1492705718711.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492705718711.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
How can we conciliate freedom of speech and the inordinate power of mass media?
>>
>>2832517
I want to conciliate that ass on muh dick
>>
>>2832619
please, /his/ is for srs discussion only
>>
>>2832517
What a gross fat chink
>>
>>2832679
>>
You cannot have freedom of speech without freedom of press as well.
>>
i want to put my penis inside her
>>
File: tv.jpg (24KB, 300x501px) Image search: [Google]
tv.jpg
24KB, 300x501px
>>2832517
Tell people about it.
>>
>>2832517
You don't.
You just hope your fellow citizens will be educated and reasonable enough to know truth from falsehood.
>>
>>2832840
That takes a lot of faith.
>>
Tax cameras and TV equipment to 10000% and ban advertisement.
>>
Ideally, with education, though cynically I don't think it'll work out that way.

If students were given a heavier emphasis on critical thinking, spotting fallacies, and common cognitive biases / heuristics, we'd be most of the way towards people being able to identify when they're being bullshitted. If people can identify when they're being bullshitted, there's less concern over censoring sophistry out of fear that it'll convince a bunch of idiots without good reasoning skills.

Of course, many people choose to be misinformed because it conforms to their beliefs, even if they have the reasoning ability to recognize it. Even educated people can be fucking stupid. Still, at least with that you'll mostly have willful idiots rather than genuine suckers.
>>
>>2832811
Wrong.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.