[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone familiar with her? I'm doing a little research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Arendt-CROP-1.jpg (71KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Arendt-CROP-1.jpg
71KB, 1024x576px
Anyone familiar with her?

I'm doing a little research at the moment, trying to figure out why 'Eichmann in Jerusalem' caused so much butthurt
>>
>>2832016
Because her analysis of her case study, Eichmann, did NOT reveal a sadist or a psychopath, but a pretty ordinary, even a bit pathetic person. It suggests that the conditions for that sort of mass savagery and inhumane butchery is not something you can write off as being part of a tiny minority of severely abnormal people, but that the potential exists in just about everyone, only waiting for the right conditions to bring it out.
>>
>>2832036

Alright so why is that controversial? It makes sense.
>>
>>2832016
Arendt BTFO Nazis, Jews, psychologists, criminologists, journalists, and mainstream liberals in one book. No wonder she's hated by many.
>>
>>2832087
People don't like to believe that they can be evil too.
>>
>>2832087
Because despite the fact that it's actually pretty obvious when you think about it, most people don't want to believe it. If you claim that the Nazis were some sort of unique phenomenon of a group of sadists, psychoes, and rabid anti-semites to the point of lunacy, you can write off their mass murder as something that is far removed, psychologically from your normal person. You the reader don't bear any sort of similarity to any of those evil dangerous people, and you don't have to ask yourself uncomfortable questions about what role you would have played if you had been a German living in the Nazi state.
>>
>>2832088

>btfo Jews

How?
>>
>>2832124
The book is highly critical of the Israeli handling of the Eichmann affair
>>
>>2832180

Alright well Israel is a shithole parish state with ridiculous pretensions
>>
Who
>>
>>2832088
And commies too. They really hated her back then, getting triggered and reminded of her every time the T word comes out.
>>
>>2832451

T word
>>
>>2832432
Some dumb Jewess who proffered opinions no one asked for, had a lady-boner for Heidegger to where she defended him post-WW2, and spent part of her life shoving Jews into Palestine while pretending she was nuetral, one of her famous works is a pity-piece aimed at making the Jew appear to be pitiful, The Jew as Pariah: Jewish Identity and Politics in the Modern Age. She also defends the disproportionate amount of Jews among the communists.
Garbage human being the Jews and the idiots too dumb to know better parade around.
>>
>>2832894

>>>/pol/
>>
File: fake news.jpg (37KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
fake news.jpg
37KB, 700x394px
>>2832036

this. she called it "the banality of evil". she later retracted it though i think?

she also had a very interesting idea about "the rise of the social": that the division between public, private, and social spheres were blurring together in modern times to our detriment. seems more relevent than ever in this social media age.
>>
>>2832919
Nice refutation there pleb.
>>
>>2832124

in the origins of totalitarianism she said jews were partly responsible for the holocaust, at least in so far as they chose to remain a seperate group from the rest of the polity for centuries and not claim equal status as citizens. or something like that.
>>
>>2832124
"On top, the judges, the best of German Jewry. Below them, the prosecuting attorneys, Galicians, but still Europeans. Everything is organized by a police force that gives me the creeps, speaks only Hebrew, and looks Arabic. Some downright brutal types among them. They would obey any order. And outside the doors, the oriental mob, as if one were in Istanbul or some other half-Asiatic country."

Typical Ashkenazi Jew, basically.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.