[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If he had lived and led Haiti instead of Dessalines, would Haiti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2937.jpg (270KB, 457x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2937.jpg
270KB, 457x760px
If he had lived and led Haiti instead of Dessalines, would Haiti be a much wealthier place today?
>>
>>2831799
Maybe in the sense that a white minority that wasn't subject to genocide would boost the average income.
>>
>>2831799
maybe
but the main reason was the embargos and diplomatic isolation.
>>
>>2831799
I don't think he'd be able to stop France from fucking Haiti over.
>>
>>2831799
The French still would have fucked everything by killing half the colony's population and then demanding reparations after the revolution equivalent to more than Haiti's whole GDP. No leader is going to be able to prevent that.
>>
>>2831903
>>2831908
>>2831912
Weren't the embargos imposed because of Dessalines's massacre of the remaining French on the island
>>
>>2831933
Which was the response to the French trying to re-enslave them. And killing their leader.
>>
>>2831799
The only way to save Haiti at all would be to just let the Dominican Republic annex it.
>>
>>2831933
The French government directly stated it was compensation for lost capital (slaves).
>>
>>2831799
They destroyed their own natural soil.
Typical negro.
>>
>>2831933
France also wanted "reparations" for the money they lost from the war and not having slaves anymore, that didn't have to do with those killings
>>
>>2831933
It was because France lost the colony with all it's plantations and slaves. It didn't really care about the French living there.
>>
>>2831799
Haiti was never going to succeed, every slave power in the world needed them to fail
>>
>>2831908
He was a much better diplomat, that said Haiti had a huge role fucking itself over with the string of petty tyrants and institution of slave like conditions.

Also to the OP in general maybe the only thing that could make it kinda of less shit would be less earthquakes and for the price of sugar to be consistently very high
>>
>>2831799
No Haiti is doomed to become wilderness in the future.
>>
>>2831903

if it was white people on the island tgey couldve turned it into something prosperous even with the embargos
>>
>>2831953
And what of the debt to France?
>>
>>2831952
Justifying genocide is a slippery slope. I'm not saying people shouldn't do it but don't be surprised if people turn around and justify a genocide against a people you like or support. For example justifying the Herero genocide.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.