[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Clean up your room." Is this simple bit of advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: jordan peterson.jpg (94KB, 1086x724px) Image search: [Google]
jordan peterson.jpg
94KB, 1086x724px
>"Clean up your room."

Is this simple bit of advice the road to success in life?

To you is Jordan Peterson a philosopher or a phony?
>>
>Reddit spacing
>>
>>2831418
I only know about his meme definition of truth for making the existence of God "true".
>>
>>2831421
This is like 20th I've seen this. What does this even mean?
>>
>>2831421
>reddit capitalization
>>
>>2831436
Absolutely nothing. That's the joke.
>>
Same as "eat your food meticulously" advice. Its not meant to make you a great person by making you eat the food, but rather the details of the action change your behavior/mindset on how the world is viewed. Since people normally eat food 2-3x a day, if this process is repeated, a person can readily change their behavior to a more analytical mind.

In the same way, cleaning the room isn't going to be the root of success, but rather mental behavior that reinforces cleaning the room serves as a template to how you should manage your life. Organized, thorough and clean.
>>
i am inclined to distrust rhetoricians.
further, while i have the utmost respect for Jung, i think he was incorrect about a great deal of things;
peterson is drawing tainted water from a polluted well.
>>
>>2831436
An enter after each line or sentence
Instead of like this

It's like this. Which is stupid and there is literally no reason for it
>>
>>2831418
He's not a phony because a pretty good portion of what he says is accurate, but most of it is very rote and not particularly insightful. If it weren't for the tranny thing he'd go down as a someone passionate about his studies but otherwise not notable to the general public
>>
>>2831494
That's such a specific nuance that only someone who is actually from reddit would be able to recognize it
>>
>>2831510
it's a stupid meme

sometimes you space shit up like this so it doesn't clump too much

see. and ive never posted on reddit in my life. ive been on the chans since 2007 at least
>>
>>2831510
It's pretty well known here
>>
>>2831494
>not emphasizing your writing with formatting
? ? ?
?
?
>>
>>2831418
He's synthesizing a lot of information in that single phrase. He admires the conciseness of Nietzsche. Nietzsche said he wrote in one phrase what other philosophers wrote in entire books. You will only understand the meaning of the phrase if you listen to Jordan's lectures on personality types. Preview: conscienciouness (not to be confused with consciousness) is the highest predictive of success after IQ.
>Conscientiousness is the personality trait of being careful, or vigilant. Conscientiousness implies a desire to do a task well. Conscientious people are efficient and organized as opposed to easy-going and disorderly.
Now you can't raise or lower your IQ. But you can try to emulate or become more conscientious. In other words, become more conscientious. Clean your room.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.