[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any cultures/religions that respect or honnor animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: the-cycle-of-life.jpg (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
the-cycle-of-life.jpg
261KB, 500x500px
Are there any cultures/religions that respect or honnor animals and their part in the cycle of life?
>>
>>2831263

All of them, with the exception of the anti-human and nature hating Semitic cults.
>>
>>2831293
omg not true, god created animals so disrespect them and you disrespect god
>>
allegedly native americans do. or thats what they taught us in school.
>>
>>2831303

And yet Christians have nothing but contempt for animals, claiming such stupid things as "they were created for us!" and "God put them under our control, so it's okay to torture them!"
>>
>>2831308
I was taught the same, but was never sure it was accurate
>>
Well, basically everyone has a sense of the position of animals in the Cosmos (especially relative to human beings), but the ones that lean towards what a contemporary 4chan poster might call "respect or honor" are probably:

-Jainism
-certain sects of Hinduism
-animism (except for eating the Totem)
>>
You think Christians actually read their own book?
>>
>>2831353
Appriciate it buddy <3
>>
File: AnimalRightsNaziGermany.jpg (33KB, 269x370px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalRightsNaziGermany.jpg
33KB, 269x370px
>>2831263
>lets give animals rights as starvation engulfs another group of people
>Lets corner off protected jungles and woodlands in 3rd world country's, limiting their ability to make cheap and affordable housing
You leftist's and your childish morality
>>
>>2831353
To add to that: European pagans(odinism, celts etc)
Amerindians (cree, Cherokee, Iroquois etc) are all animists, poly theists or panthiests.

They typically commune with nature in a different way than semitics as they see God or gods and spirits in each thing or special places on this planet
>>
>>2833525
Semite god is considered seperate as it represents perfect morality. he created the stuff then sits aside and sort of oversees it/time. If he were apart or was everything then his morality would not be perfect, since there is evil in the world. This is what I've come to understand theology according to cs Lewis writings, and I tend to agree. Not with his religion but with his definition of the Christian god.
>>
>>2831941
I never said rights, I understand the necessity of killing and eating animals, I merely wanted to know who respects what they give up in order for us to prosper
>>
jainist
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.