[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's face it, if FDR didn't die in his 4th term he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Let's face it, if FDR didn't die in his 4th term he would have ran another term and possibly won another 7th term, and would basically be make his own dynasty at that point, I doubt america would still be a democracy by that point, once you elect dynasties like that you can never go back to being a ""democracy"".
>>
>>2829409
>one person
>dynasty
>>
>>2829422
The moment you elect a person for 20 years democracy is dead.
>>
>>2829409

>/his/
The place where FDR is a totalitarian dictator in disguise while Franco and Pinochet are nice guys, not dictators.
>>
>>2829439
Mackenzie King was Prime Minister of Canada for over 20 years. Not consecutively mind you, but he still dominated Canadian politics even while not in office.
>>
>>2829489
Except FDR was already planning a dictatorship from the very start, how would you explain how he tried to push in congress a law to overhaul the Supreme Court with his own appointees?

He wanted to take control of everything, plain and simple, and he knew he could. Everybody loved him.
>>
>>2829507
>Except FDR was already planning a dictatorship from the very start
elected 1932
>Court packing scheme
hmm...Someone doesn't have a very strong grasp of American history in the 1930s
>>
>>2829439
Please elaborate. If all the elections are free, how does it kill democracy? It's unusual to elect the same person for 20 years, but it could happen depending on the situation.

Also, what is the point of this thread?
>>
File: sikh semper tyrannis.png (541KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
sikh semper tyrannis.png
541KB, 499x499px
>>2829409

Shame ole' Johnny wasn't still around to give him the tyrants' just deserts
>>
>>2829439

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Adenauer

14 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ewart_Gladstone

12 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Kohl

16 years
>>
>>2830047
you also forgot mitterand, who served for 14 years as french president. thatcher lasted 11 years. lord liverpool was pm in britain for 15 years in the early 19th century.
>>
>>2829533
That's how dictators start anon, they're all "Oh I want to make this country a better place!", then they start to enjoy the power too much and try to make sure the status quo never changes forever.
>>
>>2829439
Robert Menzies.
>>
FDR was a good president get over it fags
>>
>>2829991
Yeah! Damn tyrants taking away our slaves!

Owning human beings isn't tyrannical btw xd war of northern aggression amirite

Kill.
Yourself.
>>
>>2833531
FDR was a Jewish ancap in disguise

t. Coughlin
>>
File: nigga what.jpg (372KB, 750x731px) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.jpg
372KB, 750x731px
>>2833572

>implying Lincoln went to war to end slavery
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.