[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did people in the early 1900s feel like something major was going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1494815481276.jpg (601KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
1494815481276.jpg
601KB, 1200x628px
Did people in the early 1900s feel like something major was going to happen in the next decade?
>>
>>2827788
They though it would be the golden age of humanity. Scientific progress, prosperity, etc.
>>
File: kot.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
>>2827789
Really makes you think.
>>
>>2827788
Every generation for the past 1800 years has believed it lives in the end times, and had religious leaders at the top regularly claiming as such.

I suppose, eventually, one of em will have to be right.
>>
>>2827788
Some people believed that something terrible would happen if you let women vote.
>>
>>2827788
Yes. Some famous writer dude said "Everyone saw disaster coming but nobody knew how to stop it"
>>
>>2827798

>really fires up those neurons
>>
>>2827788
they new a huge war was going to happen some time in the near future
>>
Europeans definitely did. The huge clusterfuck of alliances between the European powers plus the rapid industrialization and military build up was bound to make people nervous, and it didn't help that Germany was pretty much spoiling for a fight with Russia going into the 1910s.

For Asia I'm not sure. The boxer rebellion happened right at the turn of the 20th century and pretty much led to the collapse of the last Chinese Imperial Dynasty in 1912, but as to whether anyone could have foreseen that or what it would snowball into, I have no idea.
>>
Read "An Introduction to the History of Western Europe" (1902) by James Harvey Robinson and find out.
>>
>>2827788
everyone was hoping for the golden age of memes and the democratization of rare pepes but wars and genocides came inbetween.
>>
they thought was was an impossibility in this modern age
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (32KB, 500x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
32KB, 500x175px
>>2827788
Civilized peoples were quite ignorant I think.
>>
>>2827798
>implying they were wrong
>>
>>2830328
>Implying Pax Americana is better than the old world.
>>
>>2827790
it turned out to be true.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.