[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If god exists, then why would he reward people for their piety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

If god exists, then why would he reward people for their piety and meekness?

Either god would be indifferent to us, or he would reward the strongest and most powerful.
>>
>>2822398
>Either god would be indifferent to us, or he would reward the strongest and most powerful.
If that were the case chimps would rule the world.
>>
>>2822398
You're idea of god is that of a 5 year old. If god exists then he loves everything equal because he doesn't discriminate what is his. Therefore, he already rewarded strong people with what? Strength. We're already rewarded with what we have and strive to be.
>>
>>2822398
Gee I dunno, maybe read the bible aka the word of God
>>
>>2822398
>god doesn't discriminate because he loves everything equally

That's just saying he's indifferent.
>>
>>2822699
Nope. Indifferent implies unconcerned feelings.
>>
>>2822705
If you love everything you love nothing
>>
>>2822705
You're saying he views Jack the Ripper and Gandhi the same way. That's indifference from a human perspective, his feelings and/or lack of from his perspective is irrelevant.
>>
>>2822728
Yes, the perfect god, hypothetically, would love Jack the Ripper and Gandhi the same.
>>
>>2822398
And why exactly would you assign your sensibilities and motives to a god?
>>
>>2822723
Doesn't know the difference between love and liking/desiring something.
>>
>>2822398
God rewards piety and meekness because he has the ultimate strength.

People who are strong are proud -- they think themselves no need to have reverence before God because their boundless pride is source by strength/power.

Before an omnipotent being, no human strength or power can stand. He rewards those who seek Him, see Him as He is, and love Him.

The strongest and most powerful are incapable of the second -- their lack of humility comes from their power. God rewards the pious and meek and humble because they see Him as He is, meaning they see themselves as they are -- nothing by comparison. There is no room for the pride of man in strength with an omnipotent being in the way.
>>
>>2822398
Because the concept "might =/= right" is the foundation of the concept of justice.
>>
Why? Because you said so?
>>
>>2822398
Slave morality, spreading over the west since St. Peter went to Rome
>>
>>2822398
>or he would reward the strongest and most powerful
That's what feudal kings thought.
>>
>>2823257
But might = right is how the concept of justice is applied
Otherwise why obey your government or its code of law?
>>
>>2823111
So if I'm exceptionally good at something, and I pursue and cultivate this natural talent and it gives me money, fame, authority and influence over other people you're saying I *cannot* do that while being humble before a god?

Why would said god bless me with such a talent in the first place then?
>>
>>2822398
>Either god would be indifferent to us, or he would reward the strongest and most powerful.

why does the creator of the universe need to act according to your moral values in order to exist?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.