[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the Ottoman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the Ottoman Empire was the comfiest in history?
>>
>>2821885
>you will never anally rape your concubines while high on opium
>>
File: 1494971767671.jpg (23KB, 352x356px) Image search: [Google]
1494971767671.jpg
23KB, 352x356px
>>2821889
not with that attitude nigga
>>
>>2821885
If you like raping little boys and getting cucked out of power by your own slaves, then sure.
>>
>>2821885
Too comfy. They comfied themselves to death.
>>
File: ottoman-empire-12-638.jpg (121KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
ottoman-empire-12-638.jpg
121KB, 638x479px
>>2821885
They were the most tolerant and progressive empire of their time.
>>
I already miss being in the same century as the. Or will miss it.

>>2821889
Don't believe the feminist propaganda. The women wanted it.
>>
>>2822084
Explains why they were so shit.
>>
>>2822084
Your religious freedom is contingent on you accepting dhimmi status and paying the jizya, and of-course you must be a christain or a jew...
>Christians and Jews were official in the government
kek, out of necessity though, it wasn't born out of affirmative action
>>
>>2822095
>>2822380
you are juding them by 21st century standarts
ottocucks should have gone the way how france went against hugenots. take a look at the east, the genocided the armenians, and now most of the descendants of armenians who were killed now think they are turks

If Ottomans followed their genocidal polciy not in early 20st but in early 15th century, most of the eastern europe would have been asimilated by now, and would shrug off the atrocities in a similar way persians shrug of the sunni genocide and shiafication of persia in 16th century. It woudl just be a footnote about how once upon a time eastern europe was the center of orthodoxy, just like how persia was the center of sunni islam.

But rather than that ottomans apporached their subject enough apathy that they did not bothered to assimialte them, but had no problem of taxing them dry. At the end that became their demise, a huge populace who still had their identity but also remembering the mistreatment they recieved.

They should have raped and pillaged and converted everyone by sword, then people of balkans would see them in a more neutral way. Similar to Romanians who consider Romans who genocided them and later settled in their land as ancestors, even erecting a monument for Trajan, how many dacians he butchered I wondered.
If Dacians were not managed to get assimialted by the influx of roman settlers, modern day "dacia1 would see romans in a very very very different way.
>>
>>2821885
No. Why would they be the comfiest empire in history? What defines "comfiest" and what criteria makes it comfy? I'm pretty sure Pax Romana era Roman Empire, Sassanid Empire, British Empire, First French Empire, etc...were comfier than them.
>>
>>2822425
I'm having a hard time trying to argue this, can anyone else step it. I know too little on the genocidal practices of the Ottomans. probably do to my liberal arts degree from lefty university.
>>
>>2822425
The Ottomans wouldn't have been able to assimilate them all. We're talking about huge swaths of land with diverse populations. Compare that to France or Persia like you mentioned who had to deal with one demographic.
>>
>>2821889
No...they fuck you in the ass
>>
>>2822490
orientalist fantasies desu

also sex slaves and harems were real so if you have some money it'd be a comfy life
>>
>>2822962
>Persia
>monoethnic
>France
>monolingual
>>
LITERAL THREAD THEME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-ZMYyKvxg
>>
>>2822490
Lifestyle
Lying on carpet smoking hookah and watch belly dancer everyday on your private Harem
can't get any comfier than this
>>
>>2823129
>Persia
Just Sunnis as he said.

>France
Just the Hugenots as he said.

For the Ottomans, they would have needed to get rid of Greek, Serbian, Bosniak, Croatan, Bulgarian and Albanian Identity, which would have been a tremendous task.
>>
>>2822084

What a fantastic meme, their "toleration" was being well below second-class citizens, being enslaved, and tax farmed. It's poetic justice how strong the christian Janissaries became and cucked their dumb empire.
>>
>>2823171

WE WUZ SULTANS AND SHIET
>>
>>2821889
>Sex
>On opiates

Rather have GHB or meth
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.