[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a bigger clusterfuck in history than the Crimean War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: crimeanwar-malakov.jpg (114KB, 1344x864px) Image search: [Google]
crimeanwar-malakov.jpg
114KB, 1344x864px
Is there a bigger clusterfuck in history than the Crimean War? Hundreds of thousands died for basically nothing.
>>
>>2821628
they were mental about the balance of powers during that time period
>>
Containing the Russian bear isn't exactly "nothing"
>>
>>2821645
>sacrificing Constantinople for short sighted geo strategic interests is good
Oh perfidious Albion, one day Christendom itself shall fall because of your cunning.
>>
>>2821669

Good, Islam is the true path.
>>
>>2821640
To be honest, English and later British foreign policy was always to side with the underdog.

At least for Britain, balance of power politics started way before the 19th century,
>>
>>2821706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37iHSwA1SwE
>>
>>2821645
>containing a white Christian empire so you can save a bunch of goatfucker muslim Turks
Inshallah
>>
>>2821747
bailing out Greece with tax payer money , genius policy
>>
>>2821751
Russians aren't that different than Turks, really.
>>
>>2821751
Though I agree Britain and France shouldn't have fought Russia, from their perspective Russia really was a threat.

Firstly, Nicholas I had some serious image issues. Pretty much everyone in western Europe though he was an unstable megalomaniac.

Russia was also seen as basically an evil empire at that time even more so than today.
>>
>>2821760
Wasn't that actually one of the things that eventually led to Brexit? I seem to recall Farage bringing up the idea of Britain footing Greece's bill at some point.
>>
>>2821768
t. Schlomo Nigel Mehmetoglu
>>
>>2821768

This. Turks and Russians look pretty much the same.
>>
30 years' war was even more useless.
>>
>>2821751
t. Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov
>>
File: 1494856658084.jpg (853KB, 2080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494856658084.jpg
853KB, 2080x1200px
>>
>>2821628
There are a lot of stupider wars.
>>
It contained Russia you nigger
>>
>>2823605
It broke Habsburg power, prevented a unified Germany, and started an era of French hegemony.
>>
>>2821628
8,000,000–12,000,000 people died in the Dungan Revolt because two guys had a disagreement over the price of some bamboo poles.
>>
>>2823639
To be fair, China always has extreme death tolls and the Qing Dynasty was a batshit insane period near the end of its life.
>>
>>2823637
Plus made Sweden a Great Power, took away the german ability to build any relevant navy, stopped the spread of Protestantism, opened the key passes into Italy, caused the independence of the Neitherlands and Switzerland, fucked up Spain for good and gave us some of the most famous (well, probably depends) generals and statesman of that Age-
>>
>>2823639
The Taiping Rebellion is even more ridiculous.
>>
>>2821669
You do realise it was the French that were the main advocates for action against the Russians right?
>>
>>2823672
>stopped the spread of Protestantism
>Good
Protestant countries bring wealth, prosperity and high living standards. C*tholic countries bring corruption, pedophilia and poverty.
>>
>>2823691
>20–30 million dead (best estimate).

What the fuck?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.