[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't any gods walked among man? Why are they always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Zeus_Jupiter_Greek_God_Art_02.jpg (70KB, 550x766px) Image search: [Google]
Zeus_Jupiter_Greek_God_Art_02.jpg
70KB, 550x766px
Why haven't any gods walked among man? Why are they always incarnate as man with human flaws in the stories?

Why don't 10ft gods, beaming with energy and miracles, walk among us?

Why haven't they done anything verifable?
>>
>>2821370
Weird, it's almost as if they don't exist or something.
>>
...because that's fantasy bullshit? Religious people generally don't believe in nonsense like deities. They just like the sense of belonging and being special.
>>
>>2821372
>>2821377
Don't listen to these faggots. The Greeks actually did believe that gods and demigods and heroes at one point had walked among mankind, but that was in the "Age of Heroes," which took place before their own era and which ended with the Trojan War. Of course they believed, to a very large extent, in the reality of the gods influencing the world. They had the oracles, for example, who received messages directly from the gods.
>>
>>2821372
>>2821377
*tips*
>>
>>2821423
What evidence of themselves did they leave behind?
>>
>>2821370
>Why haven't any gods walked among man?

Uh what? Try reading a Greek, Indian, Irish, Norse, or in fact pretty much ANY mythology, they're full of gods walking with men.
>>
>>2821616

Varied from god to god. For example, the evidence for Dionysos is the wine grape, the evidence for Demeter is wheat, the evidence for Persephone and Hades is the seasons, etc etc.
>>
>>2821651
Atheists BTFO
>>
>>2821370
Why dont you walk among ants?
>>
>>2821616
You would not want to know how people are going to reply you. Really.
>>
>>2821771
I can see. Answers such as "wheat" are wholly unsatisfactory to the question
>>2821651
>>
File: IMG_7680.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7680.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
So you want giant?
>>
I have two theories.
One is that myth were originally reasonable stories but got corrupted later. These kind of stories would not care about if it sounds convincing or not so it would not care for evidence.

The other myth is carefully made up so it would answer possible questions in advance and get prepared to be verified.

Which one is closer to the truth?
>>
>>2821790

Unsatisfactory because...? Wheat certainly exists, ergo, Gods. It's much better evidence than any Christian has ever offered.
>>
>>2822034
God made wheat. As in, God the Father of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>2822045
>being this much of a moron
>>
>>2822050
debate it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.