[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is idolizing Danton, adulthood is realizing that Robespierre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Georges_Danton.jpg (83KB, 578x375px) Image search: [Google]
Georges_Danton.jpg
83KB, 578x375px
Childhood is idolizing Danton, adulthood is realizing that Robespierre made more sense
>>
>>2820702
Patricianhood is realizing that Robespierre and Danton were nuanced individuals, that Danton did not have the raw ability to actually establish a secure state, and that Robespierre went insane at some point before the terror. Sane Robespierre was a genius and idealist, Insane Robespierre was a Psychopath and Idealist.
>>
File: edmund-burke.jpg (11KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
edmund-burke.jpg
11KB, 300x250px
>>2820702
maturity is realizing that Edmund Burke predicted it all before it even happened.
>>
>>2820813
Third post best post.
>>
>>2820781
What would you have done in his situation? Foreign armies invading your country and the monarchists in your capital just waiting for a chance to revolt.
>>
Jaques Roux should have won.
>>
>When I finishedCarlyle's French Revolutionin 1871, I was aGirondin; every time I have read it since, I have read it differently– being influenced and changed, little by little, by life and environment... and now I lay the book down once more, and recognize that I am a Sansculotte! And not a pale, characterless Sansculotte, but a Marat.[92][93]
>t. Mark Twain
>>
File: 1489079485877.png (504KB, 857x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1489079485877.png
504KB, 857x1009px
>>2822974
my man
>>
Why would the fuck would anyone ever idolise Danton? The Girondins trashed the economy, started wars they weren't willing to fight, and drove half the country into revolt.
>>
>>2820813
Muh nigga
>>
>>2823695
Because they were moderates and the only other alternative to the Jacobins, who were seizing more and more power by stirring the population up into a fervour about counter-revolutionaries that probably didn't exist outsite of the whites, and expelling the left-most members of the general assembly they could find; who were inevitably the Girondins after everyone else had been incarcerated.

The lesser of two evils; even if you hate the Girondins. And why would you? They were the next in line to get a serve of hot Robespierre semen after Marat got stabbed by some loopy bitch who happened to like them, causing the Montagnards to chimp the fuck out and accuse them of being monarchists, despite the fact they had campaigned for the removal of the monarchy in the first place.

>>2820813
3rdpbp
>>
>>2820702
Oldhood is realizing that Louis XVIII was the right guy and did nothing wrong
>>
Daily reminder that Robespierre did nothing wrong

>>2824309
>moderates fucking shit up is better than radicals not fucking shit coz they are radicals :((
>>
>>2822974
this
>>
they both look like koalas
>>
>>2823695
Danton is one of the biggest player France ever known. Robespierre was so fucking jealous of him.
Danton never prepared his speeches or wrote them, he went there with his hands in his pockets and trashed everybody. That's why a lot of people like him, an ugly motherfucker but with charisma of an Emperor
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.