[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ makes fun of us for being "useless" and "brainlets."

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (13KB, 324x155px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 324x155px
/sci/ makes fun of us for being "useless" and "brainlets." What is the deal? The humanities can be just as intellectually rigorous as STEM and can be applied to the real world as just as much too. We have law, ethics, logic, politics, music, art, literature, etc.. All of which are very much applicable.
>>
No. This board would be a lot better off if & humanities was dropped.

Humanities is so broad it makes /his/ into /pol/ minus flags, except we get a couple of tryhard raiders from /leftypol/ trying to make this into their new home.
>>
No. Just no. As much as I enjoy history and even some humanities they don't even come close to the intellect required for high level math or sciences.
>>
Resentful technicians.
>>
>>2818537
The people I know and I've seen that get a degree in history always seem to tend to the left.
>>
>>2818544
Try reading and understanding all of Hegel.
>>
Autists unable to understand nuance.
>>
>>2818549
Hegel is pure bullshit though.
>>
>>2818551
Only a person who can't understand a word of Hegel would say that.
>>
>>2818550
Math is the pinnacle of human intelligence.

>>2818552
There's nothing to understand because it's bullshit.
>>
>>2818554
> only math
Not everything can be described with math. Math is not useful to describe everything and a lot of times is just used for measurements of specific things in science.
>>
>>2818554

t. math [sic] major
>>
>>2818554
>Math is the pinnacle of human intelligence.
Why?
>>
The humanities are for faggot brainlets who want to be smart but are too mentally retarded to understand anything in STEM so they opt for the humanities to appear smart to the general public.
>>
>>2818589

What public? Who's passing attention?
>>
>>2818601
Faggots like you.
>>
>>
>>2818589
its always mad neckbeards who were social rejects who say this

get well soon
no actually, die in cancer
>>
>>2818611
it put ppl in position to let autists have their toys and profit from their actions, you are being used

who runs a country? who makes the decisions, who can, tomorow, decide, we end this world
not stem ppl, they are tools, who make tools
>>
>>2818612
It's always sjw libfags who say that shit. Go suck your nigger cock and get triggered enough to kys. Faggot.
>>
>>2818624
You're retarded.
>>
>>2818626
hope this post is ironic
>>
>>2818648
kys
>>
>>2818626
ill kill you instead first :)
>>
Obviously an education in both the arts and the natural sciences is required to be a fully-developed human being
I guess it's only natural that each side would resent and dismiss each other, just like the brains/brawn thing
>>
>>2818698
kys
>>
>>2818510
/sci/ are brainlets when it comes to history.
>T-THINGS MUST PROGRESS.
>M-MUH TECH TREES!
>>
>>2818633
He's right.
>>
>>2818548
hEY GUISE I-I KNOW MARGZIST ANALYSIS HISTORY HAHAHA WAGESLAVE N SHIET
>>
Humanities is to /his/ as professional wrestling is to /asp/.
>>
>>2818577
Because everything absolutely everything is just applied mathematics.
Also humanities didn't get us too the moon.
>>
File: 1494734667692.jpg (132KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1494734667692.jpg
132KB, 750x1334px
This board can offer broader historical knowledge when it wants to but it's mostly just shitpost central with /pol/tards killing any trace of meaningful talk.
It's also clueless when it comes to philosophy, i've seen better dicussions on /lit/ than here.
>>
>>2818510
>law
this degree will feed a family of four

>ethics
>logic (logic is math, match is /sci/. write philosophy next time)
>politics
>music
>art
>literature
this degrees usually end up in a job that has something to do with serving food to STEM majors.

stay mad faggots
>>
>>2819190
Yeah the history part of this board is soooo sophisticated.
>>
>>2820877
Mathematics is applied philosophy
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (105KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
105KB, 700x700px
>/sci/ is making fun of us again
>>
>>2818510
>/popsci/ makes fun of us for being "useless" and "brainlets."

/sci/ just hates psychology, sociology, women studies, communications, gender studies, African studies, intersectional studies, and other bullshit fields.
>>
Most people on /his/ are brainlets.

Most people on /sci/ are just brainlets too. STEMfags have the problem of thinking their specific field is the epitome of human knowledge, that they don't need any other fields. They have a hammer and try to make everything into nails. And if it can't be made into a nail, it obviously doesn't matter.

If there's one thing actually reading history does for you, it makes you appreciate the vast variety of human knowledge and skillsets which contributes to civilization. Some guy in an engineering class rarely gets that context unless he learns it on his own time.
>>
>>2820960

i did literature and have a semi-related job i enjoy with decent pay and have a group of friends with similar interests and enjoy my life

(prob helps that i know some basic programming and linear algebra tho, not gonna lie)

also

>he fell for the do a degree to get a job meme

most degrees are just signalling and for building contacts tbqh
>>
>>2821243
Sure, why don't you apply for a job as astronomer or construction engineer?
>>
>>2818633
Fucking tool
>>
>>2818548
I've heard precisely the opposite. History is a haven of right wingers in the sea of leftists that is humantities.
>>
File: 430.jpg (69KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
430.jpg
69KB, 699x485px
I am proud to be a historyfag, as I can appreciate the fact that these STEM fucks don't realize they're apart of something much greater, which is the course of history. In the grand scheme of things, they are irrelevant. What is not irrelevant is history and the humanities, the things that shape our very society and being. They will never understand that.
>>
>>2820877
Language is more important than math.
>>
>>2820877
Who cares about the fucking moon?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.