[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why everytime I tell people I like to read about black history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1436246981213.jpg (149KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
1436246981213.jpg
149KB, 784x811px
Why everytime I tell people I like to read about black history they get surprised and tell me is very short or doesn't exist?

I'm already starting to get tired of this BS, having to explain the same basic facts over and over again.
>>
>>2814005
It's because of insecure white people with no culture.
>>
>>2814005
Don't let the neckbeards and haters keep you down
>>
>>2814005
Well, it's longer than the history of the US, that's for sure.
>>
>>2814005
The problem mainly is that 'history' as it has been defined in the west refers to the methodological approach to the past as practiced in academia - which almost exclusively relies on written sources. African/black history does not provide the required written sources in the pre-colonial era to be able to construct in-depth histories.
>>
>>2814005
What can I read to get into black history?
>>
>>2814069
TTC from lucy to mandela course.
If you speak spanish there's a diana uribe radio series on african history on youtube.
The unesco african history encyclopedia.
>>
>>2814078
I am not sure what you mean by TTC from lucy, unless you're talking about the pre-human skeleton. Thanks about the unesco African history encyclopedia, I'll look into that more.
>>
>>2814100
TTC = the teaching company courses.
>>
Serious question: why do you care about sub Saharan Africa?
>>
>>2814117
because I roleplay as black supremacist on 4chan.
>>
>>2814117
I saw a wonderful nature documentation from planet earth about Africa once, that shit was beautiful
History and culture on the other hand are rather unimpressive, sure there is a bit of nice metal casting art, and some interesting social systems, but all in all, black Africa is a niche part of history and culture. If you are black it is always nice to know where you came from and how you ended up where you are now. If you are not, then there is more interesting aspects of history.
>>
File: ethiopia.jpg (309KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
ethiopia.jpg
309KB, 1280x853px
>>2814144
>african history isn't impressive
>>
>>2814198
Compare that to Napoleon. Now without putting race as a factor which one is more interesting to read about?
>>
File: africa 02.jpg (33KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
africa 02.jpg
33KB, 550x366px
>>2814234
>Sundiata story isn't great
>or the wars between kingdoms and shit like Zulu wars
>or the history about etiopia
nigger
>>
>>2814027
underrated
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.