[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of this? I've been reading it casually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7870.jpg (20KB, 266x400px)
IMG_7870.jpg
20KB, 266x400px
What does /his/ think of this? I've been reading it casually in my spare time, it's bretty gud
>>
>you should exploit your enemy's weakness
>giving your soldiers food helps
Wow how could I ever have figured that out without mr Sun's help
>>
>>2814038
It's amazing how much these principles were neglected throughout history.
>>
>>2813966
Machiavelli is better.
>>
>>2813966
It's a book that mostly points out things that ought to be obvious to all but the most casual observers. I honestly can't understand why it's become a meme book to read...
>>
File: adolf-hitler-9340144-1-402.jpg (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler-9340144-1-402.jpg
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>2814038
Someone should have given this man a copy.
>>
>>2814038
>>2814156
It's only obvious because we've come to a point in warfare where most battle theory is derived from the book. In Sun Tzu's time there was very little understanding of tactics or anything, it boiled down to "eh whoever has the numerical advantage will win"

His ideas were really thinking outside the box at the time

Also was one of the first in a string of great BC tacticians like Alexander and Hannibal. There's a reason they all get studied in military history but Bronze Age warfare is mostly ignored
>>
>>2814222
This

>>2814156
Because most people of absolutely no understanding of warfare at all and this book boils it down to its basics in a quick and easy way to read. Unlike On War which I found better but no way someone would casually read that dense book.

>>2814149
I back this though
>>
>>2814038
wew, gravity, evolution, germ theory, dna, inflation, big bang, blackhole, hawkings radiation, qm exists?

Wow how could I ever have figured that out without mr Scientist's help?
>>
>>2814222
>Also was one of the first in a string of great BC tacticians like Alexander and Hannibal.
Alexander and Hannibal were actually successful in implementing what they preached. The art of war is just "move unseen, but also let yourself be seen when it's beneficial to be seen, but also never let the enemy know what you are up to" tier.

The real reason everyone reads it is the same reason everyone thought katakana's were the coolest shit on the plant and could slice through machine gun barrels. It sounds impressive to say that you read the art of war.

I'v stopped counting how many times iv heard people parse "The art of the deal" as a must read for business, when it's just trumps autobiography and hardly goes into any of the fine points of business.
>>
>>2814038
Because it's a book about the basics or war. History is littered with fuck ups resulting from people forgetting them.
>>
>>2814301
>Art of the deal is in same category as Art of the War

Art of the War goes into basics of warfare, human psychology and information warfare. Use of spies, disinfos, fakeouts are in the Art of the War. Along with how to treat your troops, knowing the psychological states of your enemy/troops/yourself, terrain information, motives for war, keeping yourself in check, etc.

The book is warfare 101 that is very much applicable to modern warfare as well as ancient because it includes not just specific case but rather the general case scenario of the advice as it depends highly on the human element not the specific scenario.
>>
its a good babby's first strategy, but there are more advanced / immediately applicable things out there
>>
>>2814301
>Art of War
>Katakana

Dude, like, katakana didn't even exist when TAoW was written. It's not even from the same country. Cool your memejets a bit.
>>
>>2813966
>casually in my spare time
you can read it in one short sitting, what the fuck do you mean you've been reading it casually? do you just read a page every day?
>>
>>2814038
Cao Cao to his sons :
"When will you stop reading books on warfare and use your brain instead"
>>
>dude if you are encircle your man will fight ferociously
>>
>>2814175
He exploited weaknesses pretty well enough though.
>>
>>2816949
Desperate men who are given no choice but to fight will always fight ferociously, doesn't take a genius to understand that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.