[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's July of 1665, you are in the city of london. In a warm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3532.jpg (86KB, 690x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3532.jpg
86KB, 690x512px
It's July of 1665, you are in the city of london. In a warm and damp April, trade vessels from the Netherlands had come bearing a fowl pestilence, spreading from the fleas on rats, and spreading to the surrounding humans. By now all of England is in panic, the government is practically paralysed and your city of London is in lockdown. With townspeople dying in the streets of mysterious pestilence, you dont have any understanding of plague other than books that have been written by that historical point. ( no books at that point acknowledged rats nor fleas ) as well, you have no access to modern medical equipment. Your only goal is to survive by any accessible means, god help you
>>
>>2810064
>A fowl pestilence
A falcon and fowling piece
>>
i guess id just stay away from poor sectors like the infamous cock and key alley and try to survive by surrounding myself with the rich and healthy
>>
Wait, if I have no Knowledge of the Plague, then surely I'm not the same person. As somehone who does have knowledge of the plague, how could I possibly predict what I would do if I did not have that knowledge. I would probably panic and die, or else run like fuck.
>>
>>2810335
literally what everyone did, why do you think it spread
>>
>>2810341
OP here, im trying to settle in that someone can't say "I use my microbiology degree to do this and that". You can't use any knowledge that wasn't established by that time. You could know every single thing on the plague that had been written by the mid 1600s.
>>
I would follow what the plague doctors wore, not to be memey, but the thick waxed leather robes, full armed leather gloves, hats, and mostly sealed masks kind of work like a hasmat suit, so it would at least absolutely eliminate the threat of bubonic plague from fleas, but id still stay away from people since they could spread pneumonic or septicemic plague.
>>
>>2810064
So do I have knowledge on how and why other diseases spread?
>>
>>2810372
OP here again, I read the bill of mortality that took place in the weeks of the london plague, they seemed to understand what caused simpler things like some fevers and certain things, they had a pretty intermediate knowledge of diseases, they just had no idea what specifically caused plague.

You can absolutely be medically minded, and use the knowledge of current medicine to foreshadow the origins of the plague, so yeah pretty primitive biology and alchemy knowledge
>>
I would do what that one guy did, I forget his name, but he would collect piles of foul smelling things, make a small fire out of the things, and then use that smell to fumigate himself and make him smell as much like shit as possible. While he was probably just fulfilling a fetish (since he had no idea what effect it would have) i would use that to keep people away from me, but unknowingly it could also keep rats away
>>
during the black death of the 14th century people purged towns of semites hoping to please god and take away the plague, so my solution is obvious

Same cure for every disease man, killing jews.
>>
I'd get dubs
>>
>>2810064
Go to a rural area far removed from others and wait for it to blow over. Also dress in heavy leathers.
>>
Large amounts of trained ferrets to kill all the rats.

I know fleas can travel without rats, but it'd definitely slow things down.

Also, diatomaceous earth literally everywhere.

>does this count as modern medical knowledge
>>
during the night, I would leave my house and paint a red cross on everyones door ( the sign that they have the plague ) and whenever anyone in the town would try to leave they would be thrown back in, and thusly I would assume governmential control of london.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.