[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>human life can be dated back over 180 thousand years >quackademics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: received_1330514113729451.jpg (21KB, 306x480px) Image search: [Google]
received_1330514113729451.jpg
21KB, 306x480px
>human life can be dated back over 180 thousand years
>quackademics think civilisation is only 5000 years old
What do you think they where just sitting round jerking off all day or something?
>>
>>2803141
Civilization was kind of an accident, I mean from an evolutionary standpoint there is no point in becoming civilized. It actually brought us more harm than good.
>>
>>2803141
Early tribal societies weren't technically civilizations, and they only existed for the past 20,000 years or so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_human_prehistory
>>
>>2803141
Because all the evidence we have doesn't go back mroe than 5500 years, there were somo proto civilizations before that, as far back as 1000-9000 years ago (Jericho and Catal Huyuk) and 8000-7000 yearso ago (Cucuteni)
>>
>>2803158
What about Solon
>>
>>2803141
Will we ever find proof of Abraham and Moses
>>
>>2803214
What evidence do we need?
>>
>>2803158
What do you mean? Egyptian records tell extensively about Hyper Era when Ancient Finns battled Hwan Empire.
>>
>>>/x/ plz go
>>
>>2803141
To create a civilization, you need division of labor. There wasn't enough manpower to allocate individuals to roles outside of producing food until after the development of agriculture, which was only really developed out of the necessity of using land as a food source more efficiently to prevent tribes from being circumscribed and out competed.

Basically, climactic and technological conditions needed to converge to make the human population increase to a point where Hunter gathering stopped being sustainable so that agriculture and eventually civilization would have to develop, which took a really really long time.
>>
>>2803142
>It actually brought us more harm than good.
The fuck ? You know we're 7 billions right ? And now we've got guns and shit to protect ourselves from other species.
So it was useful.
>>
>>2803576
>overpopulation is a good thing
>>
>>2803141
>What do you think they where just sitting round jerking off all day or something?
Well, people tend to do that, as seen on 4chan
>>
>>2803576

I think he'd be right when describing earliest civilization, less after it had become more developed.

There wasn't much that made earliest agriculture better than hunting and gathering. You were liable to just get robbed and have your food stolen, you were far more vulnerable to scarcity (if your one crop failed you were fucked), the variety of your food was reduced compared to hunter gatherers, it took more of your day to farm effectively than to hunt effectively, etc. It was a bit of a raw deal to become a farmer.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.