[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw 90% of people in the past were smelly illiterate malnourished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: peasants.jpg (38KB, 800x441px)
peasants.jpg
38KB, 800x441px
>yfw 90% of people in the past were smelly illiterate malnourished manlets who died by the age of 30

Thank fuck i live in 21st century
>>
File: Hope.png (598KB, 500x580px)
Hope.png
598KB, 500x580px
>>2802424
They at least were guaranteed a wife

>MFW I smell nice, am properly nourished, and 6'0 and have become incel
>>
>>2802437
Most women were probably hideous as well. The stench alone must've been repulsing.
>>
>>2802446
If everyone was a manlet, then no one was a manlet. If everyone had a stench, then no one had a stench.
>>
>>2802437
>incel

this attitude is probably 85% of what's keeping you from getting laid

>>2802424
dentistry is a good thing
>>
>>2802449
>this attitude is probably 85% of what's keeping you from getting laid

Exitus Chadicus! AROOO
>>
>>2802424
>who died by the age of 30
False, that stat is skewed heavily by the infant mortality rate. If you made it past childhood you could expect to live a normal life well into your 60s. Of course, infection and disease were real dangers but the "die at 30" is bullshit because it averages in childhood/infancy deaths
>>
>>2802610
So you're telling me that armies are made of 60+ years old men?

most of them are 20-40 and they die like flys.
>>
>>2802664
>So you're telling me that armies are made of 60+ years old men?
Not at all ya big dummy
>Implying "most of them" ended up conscripted and dead on the battlefield
>Implying armies didn't go home ever autumn for the harvest

I'm saying if you made it past childhood okay, and you didn't get killed from some disease or war (which most didn't, otherwise who the fuck work the farms) you could expect to die an old man
>>
>>2802448
Duality is a hell of a drug
>>
>>2802610
That doesn't change the fact that most people died by the age of 30. Or do children and women not count as people?
>>
>>2802754
they do not count as people, no
>>
>>2802754
You know full well they don't anon.
>>
>>2802754
>That doesn't change the fact that most people died by the age of 30
It literally does. When they make that statistic, they factor in ALL deaths, including infants/childs. So obviously the end number is going to be lower than what it actually is because you are including those who didn't make it to adulthood, not the ACTUAL life expectancy of someone who did make it to adulthood.
>>
>>2802424
That's not true, though. Infant mortality was very high but surviving to puberty gave you a pretty solid and long life, barring some freak accident, like an oil rig explosion or javelin to the chest. The Roman legion had Centurions over 60. This memeing is just weak apologism for everything wrong with our current era.
>>
>Fresh air and honest labour.
>Waaaay more free time due to all the religious days.
>Sense of community.
>Hanging out with friends at ye olde tavern.

Sounds pretty comfy desu
>>
>Friends and family members all around getting kids.
>Only 1 had a birth with few complications.
>4 of them would have died if this was the medieval age.

Weird thing to think about.
>>
>>2802664

The Assize of Arms states all men between 16 and 60 must be equipped and ready to fight. Tell me, why would they set the upper limit at 60, if it wasn't normal for people to reach 60?
>>
That's not true.

people got older quite often
>>
people weren't especially dirty either. monty python mocks this view

again our impression skewed by the number of incurable diseases that went around
>>
>>2802878
>Waaaay more free time due to all the religious days.
I mean if you're cool working from 5am-9pm Monday to Saturday and 12-9 on Sunday with 8 days off a year be my guest
>>
>>2803471
absolute horseshit.
Mondays used to be called the Feast of St Monday because everybody was too fucked from weekend partying to do much at all.
People worked about 20 hours a week and the Church invented the work ethic to make them do more. What with birthdays, marriages, funerals, seasonal holidays, the harvest and all the church saint's days it was amazing any work got done.
The 36 hr work day was in the 17th century when the mills basically ate village life and concentrated people in cities
>>
>>2802886
about 2 in 5 died at birth, of the survivors, 2 in 5 died before 5 years.
Majority still made it.
>>
>>2803504
they needed all that free time to work on their small plots, spin wool and so forth
>>
>>2802424
At least they only suffered until they were 30, you have to live with being a smelly manlet until 80
>>
>>2803545
Which is not exactly mentally nor physically straining. The people then probably considered it as a way to pass the time. Today's world is much more worse off when it comes to work/free time ratio.
>>
>>2803504
What. St. Monday was a term introduced in the 18th century
>>
>>2802610
Honestly the infant mortality rates are really fucking crazy.
>A third of all children in the Roman Empire died before they were 1
>50% of those that did survive after 1 died before they hit age 5
Apparently it got so bad, one of the later Roman Emperors had to set up a child support program to encourage larger families.
>>
>>2802424
>illiterate
depends on the time period, after the printing press and the rise of protestantism literacy became more popular with the bourgeoisie. Puritans in New England especially stressed the necessity of the skill.

>Malnourished
Again, when and where? Also, how we defining malnourished?

>smelly
They probably would to us, but if everyone smells you get used to it and don't even notice.

>most people died by age 30
No. No, no, no, no. In any intro level college class this is one of the first things they will tell you this is wrong. Infant mortality was high (called an outlier) but once you made it past your teens you could pretty much expected to live a normal life expectancy.
>>
>>2802437
>implying
You'd fail the same way or worse. And even if you succeded, your life wouldn't improve much.
>>
>>2802479
>>
>be born
>live in shitty household
>everyone smells like shit so the smell doesn't even bother you at this point
>learn that jesus did some shit and is your savior
>work the fields for years
>called in a war
>die not knowing anything besides that your lord's grandpa was a great man or something
>don't even know what sugar tastes like

Fuck
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.