[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried this on /tg/, didn't get responses. Let's try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 17

File: Predynastic Egypt 1.png (1MB, 1272x714px) Image search: [Google]
Predynastic Egypt 1.png
1MB, 1272x714px
Tried this on /tg/, didn't get responses.

Let's try a play by mob playthrough of Pre-Dynastic Egypt. Game itself is a turned based, quasi-civilizationish strategy game, although very rooted in a specific time and place rather than a general human history. We try to guide what is initially a small tribe of hunter-gatherers from around Nekhen to local and then total dominance of Egypt in a historical timeframe. If the game is allowed, I wouldn't be asking for input on every single little decision, but would for major decisions, like what techs to research and what major strategies to pursue, but not like "Oh, let's farm A, B, and D tiles."
>>
>>2799596
Do it faggot. Restore the Wewuz Kangdom and prevent the Hyperwar.
>>
File: 2.png (861KB, 1065x636px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
861KB, 1065x636px
>>2799718
All right, let's do this.

First choice anons, difficulty.

We have 4 separate categories we can choose from, which make the game harder or easier, dpeending on which of 3 choices we make.

The first category, ancestors, has
>Creators, recommended for beginners, +30% production
>Warriors +10% soldier growth, +1 score
>Scholars (Historical) +2 score, -10% culture.

How did we get here?
>Resettlement -10% cost to workers and buildings
>Wandering (Historical) +1 score
>Survival +2 score, +10% cost to worker and buildings

Environment
>Land of Antelopes, high values to tiles
>Land of Elephants (historical), medium values to tiles, +1 point
>Poor ground, low values to tiles, +3 points.

What spirits live here

>Good spirits. Good events happen more frequently than bad ones, enemies 20% weaker
>Neutral spirits. Random events balanced +1 point
>Bad spirits. Bad events happen more frequently than good ones. +3 points.

Points do nothing except let you feel good about how hard of a game you won. Other resources will directly help you win.

Oh, and what do we want to call ourselves?
>>
>Scholars (Historical) +2 score, -10% culture.
>Wandering (Historical) +1 score
>Land of Elephants (historical), medium values to tiles, +1 point
>Neutral spirits. Random events balanced +1 point
>>
>>2799753
Scholars
Resettlement
Land of elephants
Neutral spirits

Name: Yakub
>>
>>2799596
this game is super railroaded though
>>
>>2799781
Well, yes, one of the reasons I considered it. Trying to do a more open ended game by vote gets very unmanageable very quickly.

So far, we have 2 votes for each of scholars, elephants, and neutral spirits, and 1 vote each for wandering and resettlement. I'll make an "official" call in 3 more minutes, and if it's still tied on that point, I'll roll a die for it.
>>
>>2799781
there is not single game that has a fun/interesting or historical tribal mechanics.
>>
>>2799596
this game any good? seen it on steam but never considered buying it.
>>
>>2799794
scholars, elephants, neutral, and wandering

name WE'WUUZ
>>
>>2799801
good for like 1 play through. get it on sale.
>>
File: 3.png (957KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
957KB, 1278x720px
>>2799794
And the official results are in, we are going with a full historical setup, and as per the dice gods, we are (wuz) Yakub

We start off with a smallish tribe on the banks of a little stream. We have a current goal to get ourselves up from 1 worker to 3. Until we do, all hunting tiles are +1 food. Food is used to get more workers. However, the one tile we know about at the moment is only enough to feed the one worker and not increase. By turn 2, we can scout ahead, hopefully to a more fertile area.
>>
File: 4.png (2MB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
2MB, 1280x711px
>>2799820
Which we discover, finding an area that not only feeds its own worker, but produces some excess. That enables us to grow to 2 workers, which now means we finally have some strategic options. Do we want to

>Harvest the other tile and try to grow to three through that? (Will take 7 turns assuming no random events)
>Explore to the northwest, taking 3 turns
>Explore to the south, 2 turns
>Explore to the east, 2 turns.

Generally, exploring will give a one time infusion of some sort of resource, and will unlock a tile to be worked. It's semi-random what those tiles will have, and they might or might not be useful.

What'll it be, tribal elders?
>>
We are not like TG who study the game mechanics in detail. Our success depends on how historically accurate the game is...
>>
>>2799843
Follow the coast, if nothing better than harvest
>>
>>2799844
>>2799843
Therefore we grow more food!
>>
>>2799843
explore south
>>
>>2799849
>>2799853
>>2799858

So far a 3 way tie among grow, explore northwest, explore south. I'll give another 3 minutes for a tiebreak, before rolling for an option.
>>
>>2799861
is it possible for tiles to have bigger yields of food? if so then follow the coast
>>
>>2799865
Yes and no. 2 is pretty good for an unimproved tile absent events.However,as we advance we'll be able to improve tiles into producing more.
>>
>>2799885
If that's the cause I switch my vote >>2799849
To harvest
>>
File: 5.png (853KB, 1225x661px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
853KB, 1225x661px
>>2799894
All right, officially harvest it is. By turn 5, the functions for production and culture start up. The original tile is now producing 1 hammer and 1 food. Production is used to construct 'buildings' which primarily improve tiles. Currently, howvever, we have no tech to do any such construction, but we can accumulate production for later projects.

We also get culture, which we use to get techs. Currently, we produce 1 a turn, and that's just from population, the more people we have, the more culture we get. Certain later tiles and improvements will let us build it directly.

Uneventfully skipping ahead to turn 9, we now have

2 population, 5 stored food, 4 stored production, and 4 culture, which allows us to research our first tech. Do we want

>Experimental breeding, +1 food a turn generated without workers
>Cult of the Falcon, +2 culture a turn generated without workers
>Domestication of the dog, it takes 1 fewer turn to explore an area.
>>
>>2799844
>how historically accurate the game is
That's what we're going to establish with this thread.
>>
>>2799915
Experimental breeding
>>
>>2799915
falcon cult
>>
>>2799915
domestication of the dog occurred long before agriculture
>>
>>2799915
Falcon punch cult
>>
>>2799929
>>2799936

1:1 split, I'll give another 3 minutes for tiebreaking.

By the way, in the event of a tie, do you guys want me to randomly determine which option to take, or do you want me to weigh in on what I think is the best of the available options?
>>
>>2799953
We don't have agriculture yet. Primitive agriculture isn't even in this tier of techs.

>>2799957
Amending now to 2 for Falcon cult.
>>
Sounds like a fun game. Are there any other ones like this?
>>
>>2799967
spore...

or CIV 3
>>
Falcon Cult it is. 2 turns later sees us getting the other tech (experimental breeding, which is really more "Hey, if we feed wild goats they hang around our camp"), and allowed us to grow into a third population point.

That gives us a 1 time boost of 5 food, makes us LOSE 1 food per hunting tile, and gives us a new mission.

Experimental farming is one of the 2nd tier of techs, but of course we might want their competition first. And with our third population point, we should put him to work. Do we want to scout east, south, or northwest?

As a side note, the 3 tier two techs cost 12 each, and are

>Cattle, +1 food per turn, no worker involvement necessary
>Experimental farming, does nothing immediately, but allows us to build fields of grain.
>Weaving. +1 production per turn.
>>
File: 6.png (965KB, 1283x714px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
965KB, 1283x714px
>>2799987
Forgot picture like a dumbass.
>>
>>2799987
>>2799960
didnt realize we were starting off this early,

weaving came before farming right?
>>
>>2799987
post more pics dumbass. give us the flavor screens for new technology.
>>
>>2799987
East, lets try to find some plains
>>
File: flavor tech.png (894KB, 1277x683px) Image search: [Google]
flavor tech.png
894KB, 1277x683px
>>2800007
I have no idea, to be quite honest.

>>2800010
All right.

>>2800055
Vote noted.
>>
File: Oh no, white devulz!.png (511KB, 831x560px) Image search: [Google]
Oh no, white devulz!.png
511KB, 831x560px
Skipping back a bit.
>>2799967
The same guy who made this has 3 previous titles I'm aware of, one for ultra stone age and pre-modern man, another for a mesopotamian city state, and one for a Greek city state.

The first two can be played online for free.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/clarusvictoria/pre-civilization-stone-age

https://www.coolmath-games.com/0-pre-civilization-bronze-age
>>
>>2800077
Ok, with a vote of 1-0, we scout to the east, domesticate dogs, and scout a bit more.

We now get a new event, a temporary greening of the Sahara. For four turns, we'll have improved food output. We've also generated enough culture to research one of the following. Should we temporarily suspend exploration to take advantage of the food sources?

>Cattle, +1 food per turn, no worker involvement necessary
>Experimental farming, does nothing immediately, but allows us to build fields of grain.
>Weaving. +1 production per turn.

What will it be, tribal elders?
>>
>>2800099
Weaving.
>>
>>2800113
And whether to grow or to scout?
>>
give screenshot of map
>>
File: state of the world.png (2MB, 1284x726px) Image search: [Google]
state of the world.png
2MB, 1284x726px
>>2800123
>>
>>2800077
Holy shit fucking yakub already making white people.
>>
>>2800117
Grow faggit. Avoid finding more possible invaders.
>>
File: Ancestor Falcon.png (814KB, 1130x626px) Image search: [Google]
Ancestor Falcon.png
814KB, 1130x626px
Just waiting for more votes. Currently, we have 1 vote for growing, and one for researching weaving. Reaching into the future a bit, we'll get this scripted event.
>>
>>2800177
I'm going to vote for growing.

Egypt must grow larger.
>>
>>2800207
>
this
>>
File: Growing threat.png (997KB, 1268x711px) Image search: [Google]
Growing threat.png
997KB, 1268x711px
>>2800207
Ok, we start growing, and we get this reaction from parties unknown. When the Sahara dries up again, I'll start out expeditions to find these rovers.

We also domesticated cattle, which I'll upload the pic next post.
>>
File: Cows.png (514KB, 775x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cows.png
514KB, 775x640px
>>2800218
>>
File: BUildings.png (270KB, 837x406px) Image search: [Google]
BUildings.png
270KB, 837x406px
>>2800221
ALong the way, we research Primitive Farming, which allows for the first bits of construction. Buildings require a worker to spend time laboring in construction, usually 2-5 turns. They will often create permanent bonuses to discovered tiles, and cost us hammers to produce. We start churning out our primitive farms ASAP. If you want me to expound on any particular building, let me know.
>>
File: 8.png (2MB, 1256x682px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
2MB, 1256x682px
>>2800236
But this is our first field of grain, changing our gatherer generating 2 food, to a farmer generating 3.
>>
>>2800241
Make friends with them
Build farms or shit that makes you growth
>>
File: 9 Small Stork Tribe.png (565KB, 795x632px) Image search: [Google]
9 Small Stork Tribe.png
565KB, 795x632px
>>2800241
And our explorations have led us to interacting with the first new tribe. They don't like us, are weak, and have a high production.

We can

>Raid them,; this will cost us 2 food a turn, and take 5 turns to finish. It gives us a 90% chance of getting 28 production, and a 10% chance of losing 2 people.
>Give gifts, costs 3 hammers a turn for 5 turns, which will make them neutral and we can trade with them
>Subdue, takes 5 turns, 100% chance of success. -2 food a turn similar to the raid. WILL cost us one person. Removes the tribe from existence and we can start working their area. (Probably has production given their trade/raid stuff).

What's the tribe's stance on these foreigners?
>>
>>2800261
Subdue.

This place isn't big enough for the two of us.
>>
>>2800276
All right. We'll begin the subjugation campaign after we finish up our farms a la elder >>2800257

In the meantime though, we get an event. We have migrating animals. Do we hunt them for a short term food surplus, or ignore them for longer terms cultural advantages?
>>
File: 10 great hunt.png (1MB, 1264x717px) Image search: [Google]
10 great hunt.png
1MB, 1264x717px
>>2800285
I iz dumb.
>>
>>2800287
Hunt, gotta get big cmon
>>
>>2800287
obviously hunt but I think the Saharra is drying up
>>
File: 11 dwellings.png (967KB, 1257x688px) Image search: [Google]
11 dwellings.png
967KB, 1257x688px
>>2800293
>>2800316
Ok, we hunt for four turns, and will put the campaign on hold. We research primitive dwellings in order to capitalize on this food surplus, and will destroy the Small Storks after the animal sources dry up.
>>
>>2800335
Ah crud. Something came up work-wise, I'm going to have to sign off, and not sure when I'll be able to get back on. I did enjoy doing this, but I think I might have to wait until a weekend, not just a "oh I'm sure nothing will actually happen on a slow day like this" day.
>>
>>2800340
>working

Fuckibg faggot go /biz/ or go home.
>>
I'm interested in picking this game up. Is it hard? Is it Historical? Is there freedom to move my society in different directions? What about Religion/gods? War?
>>
>>2799960
>We don't have agriculture yet. Primitive agriculture isn't even in this tier of techs.
What the fuck? It's 5000 BC, there's animal husbandry, but no farming (invented 10000 BC) and no dogs (domesticated 20000 BC)?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.