[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we could have revived the actual roman empire had it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Benito_Mussolini_Duce.jpg (636KB, 2015x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Benito_Mussolini_Duce.jpg
636KB, 2015x3000px
>tfw we could have revived the actual roman empire had it not been for the eternal krauts messing everything up
>>
>>2796236
>italy
>doing anything
>>
>>2796236
WE WUZ ROMANZ AND SHIIIIIIET
spaghetti-niggers plz go
>>
I realise Germany funded Ethiopia in the 1935 war, but WW2? Italy did nothing
>>
>>2796274
Except they truly are the living posterity of Romans
>b-but muh Germans and Spanish conquering parts of Italy
Means nothing to the fact.
>>
Would they take Italian Americans as legionaries if we learn the language?
>>
File: Luigi_Cadorna.jpg (343KB, 589x844px) Image search: [Google]
Luigi_Cadorna.jpg
343KB, 589x844px
>>2796236
What if Mussolini was replaced by Luigi?
>>
>>2796236
Greeks are more Roman than shitalians will ever be
>>
>>2796236
Lol twice did the Roman Empire fall because of the German barbarians!

Also lol @Italy. Try again when you can take on Ethiopia or Greece.
>>
>>2796508
>decedent Greeks who corrupted Rome are more Romans than Romans
I am laffin.
>>
>>2796236
>Couldn't beat the Greeks or the Ethiopians without German help.
Just let that sink in for a bit.
>>
>>2796502
The Italians would have only lost the war when finally the last encircled Italian died in 1950 at the 374th battle of the Isonzo
>>
>>2796529
This is all the proof I need that modern Shitalians aren't descended from the ancient Romans
>>
>>2796529
E-Ethiopia has a very underrated military! I swear!
>>
>>2796425
Actually yeah, he liked Italian Americans. Except for the Terrone mafia cunts obviously.
>>
>>2796236

To revive the Roman Empire, you have to first hit at least 1:1 KDR with the Gauls, instead of losing 20:1.
>>
>>2796517
actually Italy defeated and colonised ethiopia in 1936, and they would have defeated them in the first war had not been for their informal alliance with britain.
>>
>>2796529
They probably could've beaten the Greeks without German help eventually. The casualty exchange rate wasn't that lopsided and Italy had many times Greece's manpower and industrial power. The Greek army was also outright running out of ammunition prior to British intervention.
>>
>>2796236
>revive the roman empire
>couldn't even beat fucking GREEKS
yeah nah
>>
>>2797175
>>2797188
An actually factual view of events instead of pop-history "Italians couldn't beat Greeks and Ethiopians lol."? What a surprise.
>>
>>
>>
>>2796284
Hahahaha yeah right
>>
>>2796284
People legitametely believe this.
>>
>>2796525
Laf all you want. Greek culture, especially through eastern orthodoxy, is the closest thing to 80% of post republic Rome that exists today. Deny it all you'd like. Historical illiteracy don't change nuthin
>>
>>2796529
They absolutely smoked the Ethiopians, what are you talking about?
>>
>>2797546
>gets their shit slapped by Ethipoians are with light arms, swords and shields during the Christmas Offensive (against artillery and tanks)
>Italians "win" by killing 100,000 with mustard gas
>First Battle of Tembien is a stalemate
>finally the superiorly armed Italians begin to win
>>
>wasted 250,000 troops holding Ethiopia instead of using them to win Barbarossa.

The real failure of the Axis was a lacknof shared objectives.
>>
>>2796586
They were given weapons and cannons by Russia and many European countries.
>>2796590
>create the blackshirts
>but terrone mafia cunts are too much for him
>>
>>2797778
>Germans give you material support to fuck with the Italians, including 10 million rounds of ammunition
>push back outnumbered Eritrean askari with pre-WWI arms being led by a Luigi Cardorna-tier retard 12 miles
>while you're using dum-dum bullets, a weapon banned by the Geneva Convention
>Italians use gas in retributions
>get overconfident, attack Italians in Somalia
>it goes so poorly that you lose ~50% of your soldiers
>get fucked so hard at the First Battle of Tembien, where you defend in mountains, that you take eight times as many casualties and can no longer even perform offensive maneuvers
>every single battle from that point onward results in an Ethiopian army being destroyed by the Italians, with all but one battles resulting in less than 1,000 Italian casualties

The Ethiopians won a single battle against an unprepared foe. Italy was shit in World War II, but the Second Italo-Ethiopian War wasn't even close. Even if you remove all the Ethiopian soldiers killed by mustard gas, they lost 20 soldiers for every Italian they killed.
>>
>>2797840
>210,000 italian casualites

>775,000 combatant/civilian casualties
>275,000 – combatants killed in action; 78,500 – patriots killed during the occupation (1936–1941); 17,800 civilians killed by bombings and 30,000 in the February 1937 massacre; 35,000 – people who died in concentration camps; 24,000 – patriots executed by Summary Courts; 300,000 – persons who died of privations due to the destruction of their villages.

>The Total was 760,300 human losses.[60] The Italians disputed this huge amount, arguing that real Ethiopian casualties were half those losses.

So that's, what, 490,000 civilians and 270,000 soldiers maybe? Or 245,000 and 135,000 if you trust the ITALIAN sources

Yep, 20:1, easy
>>
>>2797870
I was referring to the amount killed, which was 10,000, compared to 275,000 Ethiopian soldiers. Only 54,000 Italians were killed or wounded during the actual war, with a further 140,000 thousand killed during the ensuing guerrilla between 1936-40. A total of 775,000 Ethiopians were killed during the part of the war I was referring to, meaning the number was closer to 15-1
>>
>>2797879
The 775,000 clearly includes the Guerilla war afterwards, which you'd see if you had read any part of my post, and even the Italians themselves believe Ethiopian casualty numbers to be vastly inflated.
>>
>>2797952
The Italians massively deflated the Ethiopian casualties to make the campaign seem less brutal, and themselves look better.

I admit that I didn't see the part where it said it including the Ethiopian casualties during the guerrilla campaign. You copy + pasted it from Wikipedia so I glazed over it, I apologize
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.