[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Repost as the old thread died and I didn't get a closure.]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 73f5c8d9e0c34853221651a6279de1ab.jpg (406KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
73f5c8d9e0c34853221651a6279de1ab.jpg
406KB, 1000x1500px
[Repost as the old thread died and I didn't get a closure.]

I recently made a DNA test. My father was from Sierra Leone and I found out something quite extraordinary: from his side of the family I had some Papuan and Native American from the Amazon. As we all know, these were not places from which people travelled to other countries or continents. How on earth could a Papuan from Oceania or an Amazonian from South America end up in Africa? These were all countries that were visited by the Portuguese who had slaves, right? Yet I'm not aware from which countries they had slaves from. I hope this will spark some interesting conversation. Thank you.
>>
Inb4 the /pol/tards.
>>
>>2792798
How much papuan and amazon do you have? We talking a great-grandparent? Or further down the line?
>>
>>2792805

Tell me about it... Hopefully they won't fill the whole thread.
>>
>>2792819

About 1% of each so about 6-7 generations back? The late 1800s approximately. That was a time in the history of Sierra Leone when Creole people (ex-slaves) went back to West Africa. It would be very possible for me to have even one Creole in my family as they comprise about 5% of the country's population, implying that my descendants would come from a variety of places as they are the descendants of freed African American, West Indian and Liberated African slaves. Perhaps the Portuguese were the slave owners (they visited all Sierra Leone, Brazil/South America area and Papua-New-Guinea).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Creole_people
>>
could be a glitch or some racemixed sailor who retired there
>>
>>2792798
>"How on earth could a Papuan from Oceania or an Amazonian from South America end up in Africa?"

Slave ships, probably portuguese since they slave trade operations in those places
>>
>>2792842
Probably an explorer or trader who picked himself up a local from south america and brought her and his half-native kids home to the old world.
>>
Mixed Afro-American who migrated to Liberia?
>>
File: doubt.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
29KB, 300x162px
>>2792798
>"My father was from Sierra Leone"
>having a black father
>knowing whom your father is
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.