[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did rock and roll music movements thrive in shitty conditions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: the-velvet-underground-3.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-velvet-underground-3.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
Why did rock and roll music movements thrive in shitty conditions? Like, pre-Guiliani NY, southern bums, suicidal places like Seattle, etc.? At least before they're over-commercialized, of course.
>>
Human struggle is a great breeding ground for art.
>>
>>2787983
>shitty conditions? Like, pre-Guiliani NY,

What did he mean but this?
>>
Because at most they were working menial part-time jobs to support their band. Artist had to leave the city once it was gentrified and unaffordable.
>>
>>2788013

Why hasn't the middle east made any art recently?
>>
>>2788345
They have. You just don't know about it.
>>
>>2787983
>before they're over-commercialized,
This is really the key part of your question. In all of those areas, people were getting together and creating stuff without caring about becoming successful, or even thinking it was possible.
>>
File: 1483328856115.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483328856115.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>>2788345
m8 did you miss the whole deal happening in Turkey by any chance?
>>
>>2788345
they do obviously, but non-western ideas of art are radically different from western ideas. seriously. you could go to the middle east and be surrounded by art and thing "where is the art"? because you don't realize their art is based on culture, tradition, and crafts, rather than the western spooks of originality and individualism and their severely distorted view on self-expression
>>
>>2787983
Because cities are full of degenerates, niggers, and Jews. Rock music is degenerate, so it's a perfect match.

>>2788013
All great artists were aristocrats.
>>
>>2788345
Gassing civilians and beheading performances are art for them. They're just that hardcore.
>>
>>2788476
>Rock music is degenerate
I know you're memeing, but In some ways it's influenced by the Decadent movement (or something, I don't know). Songwriters such as Jim Morrison and Lou Reed wrote a lot nihilistic and debauched hedonism, things such as BDSM, sexuality and death, drugs, etc.
>>
>>2788469
>western art isn't based on culture and tradition
you shouldn't be allowed to post here
>>
>>2787983
you need a cheap flat when you got no job and spend all your money on booze, drugs and instruments. All your band mates need a cheap flat to. So you need a shitty fucked up city to have enough cheap flats to have a high enough density of jobless drug using rock n roll musicians. This in turn leads to quality bands.
I hope this answers your question.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.